Arçelik to Reduce Energy Use in Production by 45% in Line With Its "2020 Sustainability Goals"
Leading global home appliances company Arçelik A.Ş. has published its 9th sustainability report disclosing 2020 sustainability goals.
Hakan Bulgurlu, CEO of Arçelik A.Ş. stated: “For the future of our world, we build our business plans on sustainable models. For the first time with this report, we share our goals for 2020, which are aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. We aim to reduce our energy use in production by 45% per product and to obtain the energy we use in our factories in Turkey solely from renewables by 2020.”
Company comes forward with an exceptional track record and ambitious sustainability roadmap:
- Having halved the production-related greenhouse gas emissions since 2010, Arçelik focuses to reduce its emissions relentlessly and signed the Science Based Targets Initiative. Company reduced its energy used in production by 34% per product compared to 2010 and the goal is 45%,
- achieved water savings of 31% in production per product base year 2012, and plans to increase to 35%,
- increased the share of electricity obtained from renewable energy sources in its Turkey plants from 88% up to 100%,
- plans to have the 6 MWp of renewable energy capacity,
- aims to increase the percentage of the female managers from 16% up to 24%,
- having adopted responsible production and consumption approach, aims to raise awareness for food waste.
- plans to create a “Supplier Sustainability Index”.