Barilla “Good for You, Good for the Planet” – 2019 Report
June 5, 2019 - Barilla Group has released its new Sustainability Report.
It represents the opportunity to share the path taken by the Company with society at large and to give a concrete contribution to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals, part of the 2030 Agenda.
Highlights include the achievements reached so far thanks to projects aimed at improving the nutritional profile of products and the quality of each ingredient, strengthening the sustainability of supply chains and communicating transparently with consumers.
In this direction, in 2018:
GOOD FOR YOU
- We have reformulated the recipes of 420 PRODUCTS REDUCING THE QUANTITY of FATS, SATURATED FATS, SALT or SUGAR, or INCREASING the FIBER CONTENT (since 2010).
- We have REMOVED PALM OIL from 100% of our PRODUCTS.
- We have engaged MORE THAN 18,000 CHILDREN in ACTIVITIES dedicated to FOOD and PHYSICAL EDUCATION, and HEALTHIER LIFESTYLES.
GOOD FOR THE PLANET
- We have involved more than 3,000 FARMERS in SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE PROJECTS for our key raw materials.
- We have publicly committed to ELIMINATE ANY TEST of RAW MATERIALS or FINISHED PRODUCTS on ANIMALS.
- We have increased the RECYCLABILITY OF PACKAGING, reaching 99.4%.
- We have REDUCED GREENHOUSE GAS EMISSIONS by 30% and WATER CONSUMPTION by 21%, per tonne of finished product (since 2010).
This report is written in accordance with the standards for sustainability reporting issued by the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), at Core Option level.
CHIEF COMMUNICATION AND EXTERNAL RELATIONS OFFICER