BCE Publishes 26th Corporate Responsibility Report
June 4, 2019 — BCE Inc. ("Bell Canada” or “Bell”) has released its 26th annual Corporate Responsibility Report, covering the company’s performance in 2018 and progress towards its short- and long-term sustainability goals.
Throughout the report, Bell demonstrates that through strong corporate responsibility practices, they are able to recruit and retain talented team members, reduce risk, build customer loyalty and long-term shareholder value, and meet our commitment to the United Nations Global Compact. Here are some highlights from Bell’s performance in 2018:
- Bell Let’s Talk commitment to Canadian mental health has reached $100,695,763.75
- First Internet service provider in Canada to offer speeds of 1.5 Gigabits per second
- Recertified ISO 14001-compliant environmental management system for the 9th year in a row
- Generated 170,000 kWh of renewable energy from solar and wind power sources
- Recovered more than 7 million used TV receivers, modems, and mobile phones since 2016
In 2018, Bell was again named one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People, one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, and named to the Corporate Knights Best 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada list for the 6th straight year.
Bell’s full Corporate responsibility report for 2018 is available at http://www.bce.ca/responsibility/corporate-responsibility/reference-room.
Corporate responsibility contact:
Senior specialist - Corporate responsibility & environment Bell Canada