Blackbaud Releases 2021 Social Responsibility Report Highlighting Its Impact and Outlining Key Commitments To Build a Better World
Blackbaud (NASDAQ: BLKB), the world’s leading cloud software company powering social good, today released its 2021 Social Responsibility Report, sharing how the company is growing and strengthening the entire social good community, empowering its people, stewarding the environment and expanding responsible business practices.
“2021 was a year of perseverance and adopting a ‘new normal,’ despite the continued uncertainty of a global pandemic,” said Mike Gianoni, president and CEO, Blackbaud. “Organizations and individuals didn’t just accept the status quo—they re-imagined what was possible in a now-hybrid world. And Blackbaud was right there with them, enabling impact through our technology, expertise, partnership and people. We’re proud to share our achievements and priorities, and how we drive powerful impact to help good take over.”
Blackbaud’s priorities and 2021 progress are categorized by several key commitments:
- Commitment to the Social Good Community: Nearly 150,000 organizations across the globe receive funds thanks to a Blackbaud solution, and Blackbaud makes it a priority to support this community of nonprofits, K-12 schools, universities, companies, healthcare institutions, foundations, arts and cultural organizations, faith organizations and individual change agents.
- Commitment to People, Culture, and DEI: Blackbaud believes success comes from prioritizing employees’ personal and professional well-being and development, and it can only be realized by embracing diverse perspectives and experiences.
- Commitment to Climate: Blackbaud is dedicated to proactively protecting the environment. Since 2019, Blackbaud has reduced its global real estate footprint by 50%, reduced the emissions required to run its office space by 63% and reduced employee commuting emissions by 75%.
- Commitment to Data Privacy and Protection: Blackbaud continues to make significant investments in its cybersecurity program to provide customers with confidence that their technology and data are secure.
- Commitment to Governance and Ethics: Blackbaud demonstrates an ongoing commitment to operating its business with integrity through corporate governance guidelines, board committee charters, codes of conduct for employees and partners, and a safe, efficient ethics complaint process.
Highlights of Blackbaud’s impact in 2021 include:
- Transitioning to a remote-first workforce approach, which fast-tracked the company’s ability to minimize the environmental impact of its operations
- Achieving carbon neutrality across its business operations and data centers by reducing emissions and investing in renewable energy credits and carbon offset projects
- Joining the UN Global Compact and tracking impact through the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Developing a structure to guide and provide oversight of ESG initiatives, including CEO sponsorship, board oversight, an employee-led, cross functional steering committee, employee impact teams and affinity groups
- Attracting top talent—55% of all new hires in 2021 came from historically underrepresented groups
- Investing in employee development—40% of employees experienced career progression in 2021
- Reporting that more than 70% of Blackbaud employees volunteered in 2021, and 20% served on nonprofit boards
- Making a multi-year, six-figure donation to Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Lowcountry to build greater equity, social capital and a stronger, more diverse workforce
- Growing the Blackbaud Partner Network by 43%, making it easier for customers to access leading technology and services firms focused on helping them make a bigger difference
Blackbaud powers the Ecosystem of Good®—and serves as an active participant in it. To learn more about how the company is helping build a better world, view the full 2021 Social Responsibility Report here. More detailed information on Blackbaud’s ESG program and 2021 impact metrics can be found here.
Blackbaud is the world's leading cloud software company powering social good. Serving the entire social good community—nonprofits, higher education institutions, K–12 schools, healthcare organizations, faith communities, arts and cultural organizations, foundations, companies and individual change agents—Blackbaud connects and empowers organizations to increase their impact through cloud software, services, expertise and data intelligence. The Blackbaud portfolio is tailored to the unique needs of vertical markets, with solutions for fundraising and CRM, marketing, advocacy, peer-to-peer fundraising, corporate social responsibility (CSR) and environmental, social and governance (ESG), school management, ticketing, grantmaking, financial management, payment processing and analytics. Serving the industry for more than four decades, Blackbaud is a remote-first company headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, with operations in the United States, Australia, Canada, Costa Rica and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.blackbaud.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook.