Booz Allen Again Honored As a Top Workplace by the San Diego Union-Tribune
San Diego is a hot market. Home to some of the fastest growing tech start-ups, higher salaries and lower unemployment compared to the national average, and a tech labor pool that has surged 10.3% since 2017, San Diego is a place with momentum. In a city that’s on everyone’s radar, Booz Allen continues to distinguish itself.
On November 17, The San Diego Union-Tribune and Philadelphia-based Energage recognized Booz Allen as a 2019 Top Workplace. The results are based on a scientific employee survey process.
Strong in San Diego
Booz Allen’s San Diego office is proud of its work and its place in the community. The firm has strong relationships with military clients that feature multi-year contracts and different programs and is proud to have supported the Navy Marine Corps community for over 30 years.
“Our employees do tremendous work in supporting our clients’ missions, and we’re thrilled to give them the opportunity to do so. Booz Allen cyber professionals, project managers, engineers, data scientists, and others are playing a role in this city’s growth,” said Senior Vice President Jennie Brooks, who leads Booz Allen’s San Diego office and was a finalist for San Diego Magazine’s Celebrating Women awards.
There are many factors that make the San Diego office a top workplace. But it all begins with community—inside the office walls and out.
A focus on people
The San Diego office was designed to cater to the way technologists and engineers work best. “It’s an agile floor—a central location where you can bounce ideas off people. It’s a comfortable place, not a cubicle zone,” said Talent Acquisition Lead Alexa Montgomery.
Booz Allen systems engineer Chris Hong pointed out the way the staff work together to craft the right solutions. “I’m always talking to other people in the company, relying on their experience to help me provide a better solution for the client. Since we support clients in the defense industry and other influential government departments, we’re empowered to do work that makes a difference,” said Hong.
Making a positive impact
Engaging and community-driven, the San Diego office provides employees with diverse resources and opportunities, including:
- Volunteering for veterans and military spouses: San Diego employees organize participation in the annual Salute Military Golf Association tournament to help rehabilitate veterans through golf, and support the Hiring Our Heroes program.
- Encouraging students in STEM: The San Diego team supports STEM education at the USS Midway Museum.
- Supporting women in their careers: Booz Allen’s San Diego Women’s Forum, in partnership with the San Diego Chapter of Women In Defense, offers workshops, conferences, and local learning opportunities.
- Innovating at local schools: Teaching cybersecurity and networking at Hoover High School's Academy of Information Technology and Kearny High School's Education to Entrepreneurship (E2E) Innovation Lab.
- Building inspiration one block at a time: Employees coach, judge, and mentor young innovators at FIRST LEGO League competitions.
The firm is honored to have been recognized by employees, for as senior recruiter Tu Giron said, “People are our real product.”
Learn more about Booz Allen San Diego.