Booz Allen Hamilton Celebrates Military Family Appreciation Month
November is National Military Family Appreciation Month, and Booz Allen Hamilton is marking this month with a renewed support of service members, military family members and veterans.
Booz Allen is proud to support the military and military communities every day, not just during Military Family Appreciation Month, through our client work, veteran and family-friendly hiring and HR practices, and community service. We have a 75-year history of service to the military and military communities, starting in 1940 with our first Navy project. We understand that the success of the military and greater military community depends on a strong foundation at home, and are committed to doing our part to strengthen families and communities.
Throughout the month of the November, Booz Allen will be bringing together military, government, nonprofit, and corporate stakeholders to engage in a dialogue on resiliency and the unique needs of military families and veterans. We are also working with our nonprofit partners to organize community service activities to strengthen and support military families:
- November 1 - 30: Blue Star Families’ Operation Appreciation. Booz Allen employees will write letters of thanks and support to military families. More than 120 million pledges of support and thanks collected and distributed to military families since the program’s inception.
- November 1 - 4: Give an Hour. Booz Allen is supporting Give an Hour’s annual Celebration of Service conference, which this year focuses on advancing the discussion on military families and mental health. During the Give an Hour event, Booz Allen’s VP Andrea Inserra will facilitate a panel on “Collective Impact: Solving Complex Challenges.”
- November 7 and 14: Local Service Projects Benefiting Military Children and Families. Booz Allen volunteers will join with local military families to refurbish installation youth centers for our military children in five locations across the country.
- November 15: USO’s Turkey for Troops. Booz Allen volunteers will again help to pack and distribute Thanksgiving meals to military families in the DC metro area for Thanksgiving.
- November 30: Salute Military Golf Association (SMGA). For the 5th consecutive year, Booz Allen continues as the primary sponsor of SMGA golf tournaments, with over 18 teams pairing with wounded warriors to raise money for adaptive sports programs. The November 30 event is in Charleston, South Carolina.
For more about these and other activities planned for November, visit: http://www.boozallen.com/military-family-appreciation.