Building a New Future Together: The Rezidor Hotel Group Sustainability Report
As a leader of Responsible Business in the hospitality industry, The Rezidor Hotel Group publishes its 2017 Responsible Business Report. Included since 2010 in Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies List, Rezidor is committed to work in a responsible and sustainable way. Rezidor operates 470+ hotels of sustainable hotel brands such as Radisson Blu and Park Inn by Radisson. Rezidor is a member of The Radisson Hotel Group.
Rezidor is committed to caring for people, communities and the planet. The group has had a fantastically responsible year in 2017 with impressive engagement from an international team in 78 countries, winning two major Sustainability awards, one by UNWTO and one by IMEX.
In 2017, Radisson Hotel Group™ defined the company’s 5-year strategic plan. As one of 25 key initiatives, Responsible Business will continue to play a strong role as a clear business asset., The group’s worldwide Responsible Business focus areas and targets for 2018 – 2022 align with and contribute to the hotel industry International Tourism Partnership 2030 goals and to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Selected 2017 achievements include:
Think People – Caring about people in our hotels and value chain
- 199 Hotels certified by Safehotels Alliance
- Balanced leadership:1st Female General Manager appointed in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- The Rezidor Hotel Group is recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute for the eighth year in a row
Think Community – Meaningful contributions to communities around the world
- 32,000+ volunteer hours were donated by Rezidor employees
- €1.0 million donated to charity
- The towel reuse program at Radisson Blu helped to provide safe drinking water for life to more than 17,500 children
Think Planet – A better planet for all. Reducing our carbon footprint, energy, water and waste
- Further reduction of Energy and Water consumption in our hotels by 8% and 3% respectively
- 80% of Rezidor hotels are eco-labeled
- The carbon-free program for Meetings & Events has offset 46,777 tons of carbon since 2012
To read the full report, visit responsiblebusinessreport.rezidor.com
ABOUT THE REZIDOR HOTEL GROUP
The Rezidor Hotel Group AB (REZT), publicly listed on Nasdaq Stockholm, Sweden, is one of the largest hotel companies in Europe, the Middle East & Africa. A member of the Radisson Hotel Group™, through a master franchise agreement with Radisson Hospitality, Inc. Rezidor operates and develops Radisson Collection™, Radisson Blu®, Radisson®, Radisson RED®, Park Inn® by Radisson, across EMEA, along with the Radisson Rewards loyalty program for frequent hotel guests. Since 2016, Rezidor also owns 49% of prizeotel.
The Rezidor Hotel Group features a portfolio of 472 hotels with more than 104,000 rooms in operation or under development in 78 countries across EMEA. The Rezidor Hotel Group and its brands employ 45,500 team members in EMEA and is headquartered in Brussels, Belgium.
Rezidor has an industry-leading Responsible Business Program and is named one the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the US think-tank Ethisphere since 2010.
Rezidor is a member of the Radisson Hotel Group™
For more information, visit www.responsiblebusiness.rezidor.com