Delivering Impact: Corporate Social Responsibility at BNY Mellon
Every day, BNY Mellon contributes to the safe and consistent functioning of global financial systems, supporting stability in a constantly changing world. The company’s approach to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) plays a role in driving meaningful change for financial markets, the world and its citizens.
“Our commitment to responsible business is good business,” said Charles W. Scharf, Chairman and CEO of BNY Mellon. “We have built relationships over decades by standing for honesty and integrity, by providing quality services and by being there for our clients in all market scenarios. We work every day to re-earn these relationships, by striving to ensure we conduct our business according to the same values that define us.”
Explore the BNY Mellon 2017 CSR Report to learn how the company is helping to address the world’s most pressing problems and bring positive change to individuals, societies and the planet by identifying and acting on five key global trends.
- Technological Advancements are changing the way the world works. BNY Mellon is investing in next-generation solutions, skills and tools to minimize risk and deliver market-leading services.
- Global Markets are increasingly interdependent. Thoughtful risk management strategies allow BNY Mellon to actively address shifting market dynamics to protect clients and support the integrity of the global financial markets.
- Gender Equality is generating economic growth. BNY Mellon supports women’s economic empowerment through initiatives that provide equal opportunities, resources and financial services around the world.
- The Changing Workforce is more diverse than ever with five generations working side by side. BNY Mellon helps employees grow into tomorrow’s leaders.
- Climate Change impacts on society are intensifying. While maintaining zero net carbon emissions through emissions reduction, renewable energy credits and carbon offsets, BNY Mellon is also collaborating with clients on social investing vehicles that generate financial returns and pursue a low-carbon future.
BNY Mellon sees great promise in using the company’s global reach, market power and CSR resources to support a more sustainable world where people can succeed and economies can thrive.
Learn how BNY Mellon’s CSR strategy delivers for financial markets, communities and the world at large in the 2017 CSR Report.