GSK Publishes Responsible Business Supplement 2014
GSK’s long-standing commitment to responsible business remains central to the company’s strategy. To reflect this and in further efforts to align our corporate reporting, we have integrated more information about our responsible business approach and performance within the Annual Report. The Responsible Business Supplement provides additional context and detail on these topics.
2014 highlights include:
- A commitment to invest £130 million in Africa over five years
- Submitted a regulatory application for the World’s first malaria vaccine, RTS,S, to the European Medicines Agency (EMA)
- Accelerated the development of an Ebola vaccine at an unprecedented rate
- Extended tiered pricing approach to prescription medicines, asking countries to pay based on their national income
- Committed to freeze vaccine prices for ten years for those countries whose economic development will mean they are no longer eligible for support through GAVI
- Updated our Code of Conduct and extended it to include our complementary workforce
- Global roll out of our new approach to compensation for sales representatives
- Expanded online system to enable researcher access to clinical trial data
- Made good progress on employee gender diversity and the roll-out of Partnership for Prevention, our preventive healthcare programme
- Achieved recertification of the Carbon Trust’s Carbon and Water Standards for cutting carbon emissions and water use across GSK’s global operations.
The Responsible Business Supplemoent provides details on our progress against our responsible business commitments. To view the Responsible Business Supplement 2014, click here.