HP Achieves 17% Drop in GHG Emissions
HP operations achieved a 17.3 percent decrease in greenhouse gas emissions in 2014 compared to its 2010 baseline, according to its 2014 Living Progress Report. In 2014, HP’s operations produced 1,667,700 metric tons of CO2e emissions, a 5.5 percent decrease from the 1,765,100 metric tons of CO2e produced in 2013.
Emissions reductions were largely achieved through data center consolidation and energy efficiency initiatives. HP also increased its on-site renewable energy-generating capacity by 150 percent during 2014 and reduced emissions from business travel.
Energy use accounted for 91 percent of HP’s GHG emissions from operations in 2014. The remaining 9 percent was associated with the company’s transportation fleet, refrigeration equipment and semiconductor-development processes.