Kingspan Insulated Panels Releases its 2015 Divisional Sustainability Report
Kingspan Insulated Panels today releases its 2015 Sustainability Report, which sets out the division’s environmental, social and economic performance for the period 2012 to 2014. ‘Walk the Talk – Our Responsibility and Performance’ uses the GRI reporting framework and has been third party verified. This comes weeks after the parent company, Kingspan Group plc, was one of only 113 companies awarded a position on The Climate “A” List 2015 by the Carbon Disclosure Project.
“This report is proof of our commitment to educating and enabling the industry to create better buildings. Through a constant focus on research, product innovation and training, our mission is to set new standards for the performance of buildings. By applying the very same approach and solutions developed for customers to our own operations, we are reducing our energy bills and our environmental footprint,” said Gilbert McCarthy, Divisional Managing Director, Kingspan Insulated Panels.
Achievements highlighted in the report include:
- Over 34% of energy used by Kingspan Insulated Panels in 2014 came from renewable sources
- The division reduced its carbon emissions by almost 50% during the reporting period, helping parent company Kingspan Group plc become listed on the CDP Climate A List
- Kingspan Insulated Panels facilities in Sherburn, Holywell and Walsall in the UK & Kingscourt in Ireland are zero waste to landfill
- Energy efficiency measures undertaken by the division during the reporting period included the implementation of major energy performance contracts (EPCs) at Holywell and Sherburn and the installation of Kingspan Insulated Panels’ own solutions – particularly, Kingspan Energy Rooftop Solar PV and Kingspan’s ZerO Energy Lighting
- Stakeholder engagement has been widespread across the division, including donations to local communities, employee volunteering, and customer training and support
For more information, visit www.sustainability.kingspanpanels.com.