Parker Publishes New Sustainability Report - A Viewpoint on Social Responsibility
Parker Hannifin Corporation, the global leader in motion and control technologies, today released its 2017 Sustainability Report, “A Viewpoint on Social Responsibility.” The report highlights team member-driven initiatives which are helping to strengthen communities, conserve resources and make a positive environmental impact at the local level.
Key achievements related to Parker’s social responsibility initiatives detailed in the report include:
- Safety is Parker’s highest priority, and the company’s Recordable Incident Rate has dropped by 54% since 2014. This includes a 22% reduction in fiscal year 2017, when 231 facilities were accident free.
- Parker views its ability to support local communities as a key measure of the company’s success. This year team members raised $130,000 to aid recovery in areas of Texas, Florida, Puerto Rico and California impacted by flooding, hurricanes, wildfires and other natural disasters, and also contributed $250,000 to the United Way campaign in support of 27 local chapters across the United States.
- The Parker Hannifin Foundation donated more than $6.5 million to 250 charitable organizations. Half of the contributions support local communities, with the balance targeted at improving education through scholarships and institutional donations.
- Today Parker recycles more than 85% of the waste generated from its manufacturing operations, and the company continues to make progress towards its goal of reducing water use and volume of waste sent to landfills by 20% between 2015 and 2020.
- Parker has reduced absolute energy consumption by 54% and greenhouse gas emissions by 52% since calendar year 2004.
Learn more at www.parker.com/sustainability
Corporate Vice President EHS