Schneider Electric Named 2018 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year
On April 20, 2018 the EPA and DOE honored businesses and organizations for their outstanding contribution to reducing greenhouse gas emissions through energy efficiency at the 2018 ENERGY STAR awards ceremony. We are excited to announce that Schneider Electric was recognized as a 2018 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year. This designation is largely the result of our efforts to improve clients’ energy efficiency and sustainability in commercial, manufacturing and public-sector buildings.
We’ve held this designation for more than a decade. During that period, Schneider Electric’s Energy & Sustainability Services division has:
- Benchmarked more than 16,000 facilities using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager.
- Identified more than $10 million in combined annual saving opportunities from energy efficiency measures at 54 client properties.
- Helped clients earn recognition for more than 380 buildings, including 22 properties that earned certification for the first time.
- Sponsored community and local government groups to provide ENERGY STAR benchmarking and free certifications for schools, non-profits and other businesses.
- Supported more than 200 school districts, county and city governments, and other noncommercial entities with benchmarking and data management through performance contracting groups.
- Promoted ENERGY STAR engagement through joint webinars with EPA and training sessions with utility companies and incorporating ENERGY STAR into its collateral materials for prospective clients.
“We know the value that ENERGY STAR benchmarking and certification brings to our clients,” said Erik Mohn, Director, Americas Sustainability Servicesat Schneider Electric. “Probably the greatest value is in ENERGY STAR’s role as a catalyst for programs that bring bottom-line savings and climate action together. We were honored to accept the award on stage in April, but it’s very much a partnership between Schneider Electric, hundreds of our clients and EPA.”
In 2013, Schneider Electric integrated Ecostruxure Resource Advisor with Portfolio Manager tool to enable its clients to more easily see, measure and manage energy and sustainability initiatives across their portfolios. This integration allows for a seamless exchange of information between the platforms, which drastically reduces data entry, and improves integrity and building performance.
Starting in 1992, the ENERGY STAR program for commercial buildings helped businesses and organizations save nearly $10 billion in energy costs in 2016, contributing to cumulative energy cost savings of over $150 billion. For more information on our award, visit www.energystar.gov/awardwinners.