STMicroelectronics Reports Progress Towards 2025 Sustainability Goals
May 22, 2019 - STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM), a global semiconductor leader serving customers across the spectrum of electronics applications, announced the publication of the Company’s 2019 Sustainability Report.
The 22nd report contains details and highlights of ST’s sustainability performance in 2018 and presents the Company’s ambitions and longer-term goals for 2025.
“ST’s mission is to provide the semiconductor solutions that help our customers make a positive contribution to people’s lives, today and tomorrow. We are proud to do so by living our values, which have guided our behavior and ways of working for over 30 years: Integrity in conducting our business; People always at the center; Excellence in whatever we do.”
said Jean-Marc Chery, President and CEO of STMicroelectronics.
Among ST’s sustainability highlights in 2018:
- Included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices World and Europe;
- 50% of our new products recognized as ‘Sustainable Technology’ in terms of eco-design and positive environmental or social impact;
- Increased employee engagement index by 5 points compared to last survey, with 75% of our employees recommending ST as a great place to work;
- Continued to support education, with 80% of voluntary initiatives linked to education, supporting our STEM program;
- Reduced our GHG emissions by almost 15% and our energy consumption by more than 19%, both compared to the 2016 baseline;
- Improved our water efficiency with water saving programs and recycling projects, achieving a 5% reduction in our water consumption per unit of production compared to 2017 and recycled 41% of our water;
- Reused, recovered, or sent for recycling 93% of our waste, exceeding our annual target of 90%;
- Deeply involved in the clean energy transition with a firm commitment to use more and more green energy in our manufacturing operations;
- Conducted an extensive risk mapping to improve our understanding of supply chain risks to adapt our programs and level of due diligence.
ST was one of the first companies to commit to the United Nations Global Compact in 2000 and as a signatory, the report represents the Company’s ‘Communication on Progress’ as well as the efforts to support the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s).
The report has been prepared according to the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards: Core option. To ensure accuracy and transparency, the report is independently assured by DNV GL, a third-party auditor, who reviewed and validated ST’s data reporting process, content, adherence to GRI Standards and interviewed external stakeholders.
More information about ST’s approach to Sustainability is available here. You can also read the article in our blog.
ST is a global semiconductor leader delivering intelligent and energy-efficient products and solutions that power the electronics at the heart of everyday life. ST’s products are found everywhere today, and together with our customers, we are enabling smarter driving and smarter factories, cities and homes, along with the next generation of mobile and Internet of Things devices.
By getting more from technology to get more from life, ST stands for life.augmented.
In 2018, the Company’s net revenues were $9.66 billion, serving more than 100,000 customers worldwide.
Further information can be found at www.st.com.
For further details and feedback, contact ST CSR team at firstname.lastname@example.org