Sustained Global Leadership in Real Estate
For over a decade, Stockland has achieved a top five rank in the S&P Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), global recognition of its sustainability leadership and commitment to delivering shared value to all its stakeholders.
Stockland Managing Director and CEO, Mark Steinert said: “We’re proud to extend our decade of sustainability leadership, having held a top five position on the DJSI for the past 10 years and retaining our listing on the DJSI World Index for over 15 years. Consistently achieving a top ranking over an extended period demonstrates our commitment to evolving our approach to environment, social, governance, and emerging issues in a rapidly changing world.”
STOCKLAND SHOWS THERE’S A BETTER WAY TO LIVE
Building on its positive legacy, the Stockland team has continued to design and deliver sustainable assets and communities, showing how there is a better way to live.
Stockland’s recently released FY20 Annual Integrated Report, supported by an extensive Sustainability Reporting Suite, demonstrates how it continues to deliver shared social, environmental and economic value.
Stockland has optimised and innovated, transitioning to net-zero emissions and strengthening asset and community resilience.
- Increased total solar capacity to 18MW
- Reduced emissions intensity by 65%
- Saved $123m+ from energy efficiency initiatives
- Delivered Australia’s first Green Star retirement communities
- Rehabilitated 165ha of Australian native biodiversity
- Diverted 98% civil contractor waste from landfill
- Completed 10 years of climate resilience assessments
Stockland has helped communities to thrive, investing in education, health and wellbeing initiatives to create liveable, affordable and sustainable communities.
- $4.4 million+ invested in communities
- $500k pledged to support recovery from the Black Summer bushfires
- Achieved the highest level of Retirement Living resident satisfaction in 5 years
- Achieved resident Personal Wellbeing Index scores above the national average
Stockland has enriched its value chain, engaging with employees and partnering with suppliers, and committing to good governance.
- Supported the health, safety and wellbeing of employees, residents and tenants through the COVID-19 pandemic
- Procured $2 million in goods and services from Indigenous suppliers
- Released our inaugural Modern Slavery Statement
- Exceeded women in management target
- Ranked 6th on Equileap’s Global Top 100 gender equal companies
Stockland’s actions over FY20 have also contributed towards achieving a number of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Stockland’s Corporate Reporting is aligned with the International Integrated Reporting Framework, the Global Reporting Initiative Standards and is third party assured. The full suite of Sustainability Reporting documents, including management approaches, deep dives and data packs is available for download at https://www.stockland.com.au/sustainability/downloads
Stockland was founded in 1952 and has grown to become one of Australia’s largest diversified property groups – owning, developing and managing a large portfolio of retail town centres, residential communities, workplace and logistic assets and retirement living villages. Stockland is also an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality, as recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
Senior Manager Media Relations
0418 254 959 | 02 9035 3328