5 Reasons to go Electric … And How the Chevrolet Bolt EV Delivers
Haven’t gone electric yet? Chevrolet’s latest electric vehicle, the Bolt EV, might convince you to take the plunge. Our engineers designed this roomy and bright small crossover hatchback for…well, everyone.
Here’s how the Bolt EV measures up:
- Range. The Bolt EV will offer more than 200 miles of range on a full charge, which is comparable to about a half tank of gas. A 240V charge will give you a “fill-up” after the average commute in less than two hours. An app on your phone lets you check your charge before you even step outside.
- Price tag. You can buy the Bolt EV for about $30,000, after $7,500 in federal incentives.
- Performance. It may look like a compact, but there’s a lot of Detroit muscle under Bolt EV’s hood. This responsive, peppy car can effortlessly zip around corners and go from 0 to 60 in seven seconds.
- Technology. Bolt EV also has technology features such as 4G LTE, a 10” infotainment screen and personalization options that remember your favorite music and settings. It’s even capable of using the latest mobile app technology to enable car sharing.
- Spaciousness. This is a five-person car with a surprising amount of legroom thanks to sculpted front seats. The large windows emphasize the interior’s spaciousness and bright airy feel. Altogether, it’s nearly 17 cubic feet of space – bigger than the current small-car benchmark.
GM CEO Mary Barra called the Bolt EV the first electric vehicle that cracks the code of long range at an affordable price. So who should buy this car?
“Anyone who wants to save time, money, and the environment in a car that is truly fun to drive,” said Barra.
This car is reflective of the innovation and customer-centric approach at Chevrolet. It’ll go into production in late 2016.