Announcing Waggener Edstrom’s 2014 CreateAthon Partners
Waggener Edstrom Communications (WE) is pleased to announce its 2014 nonprofit partners for this year’s CreateAthon! We focused our outreach on Seattle-area nonprofits and were thrilled to receive an incredible selection of applications from organizations making a difference across a wide range of causes. Narrowing down the applicants to only a handful was challenging. Based on their impact in the community, their creative and communications needs, and their business case for the project, WE has selected five nonprofits and their Pro Bono projects. A group of talented WE employees will work through the night to provide them with a variety of strategic marketing, public relations, and creative services.
WE’s 24-hour creative movement will start on Thursday, Oct. 23, in our Seattle headquarters, in conjunction with Global Pro Bono Week. Being part of the national CreateAthon movement is an electrifying way for WE to continue fulfilling its corporate commitment to community involvement and contribute to the missions of these five deserving groups.
- Boys & Girls Club of Bellevue SMART Girls program. A health, fitness, prevention/education and self-esteem enhancement program for girls ages 8 to 17.
- The GoodTimes Project. Offers Western Washington and Alaska families affected by childhood cancer a cost-free week of summer camp, which:
- Affirms the joys of childhood often missed by those in treatment
- Fosters friendships between children and families who share common experiences
- Instills confidence through a variety of programs and activities
- Cares for their social safety as well as their medical safety
- Strives to send the children back into the world as more independent, caring, and capableyouth
- Offers parents peace of mind as they entrust their children to camp, and take a well-deserved break
- IGNITE: Inspiring Girls Now In Technology Evolution is an educational program founded in 1999. Originally launched in Seattle Public Schools, IGNITE’s program connects school-age girls to professional women in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) careers who act as role models and mentors.
- Seattle Shakespeare Company: With the plays of William Shakespeare at its core, Seattle Shakespeare Company engages its audiences, artists and community in the universal human experience inherent in classic drama through the vitality, immediacy and intimacy of live performance and dynamic outreach programs.
- Team Survivor Northwest: Provides a broad range of fitness and health education programs to enable women cancer survivors, in any stage of treatment or recovery and at any fitness level, to take an active role in their ongoing physical and emotional healing.
We will provide a recap of the work (and the fun we had doing it) after the event. In the meantime, follow us on Twitter @we_citizen #CreateAthon