Get Ready to Celebrate #GivingTuesdayNow, the New Global Day of Giving, on May 5
Coronavirus has changed – everything. Yet, we know when people unite around a common cause, real and lasting change happens. With this in mind, America’s Charities is celebrating #GivingTuesdayNow, a new global day of giving and unity taking place on May 5, 2020, in emergency response to the unprecedented need caused by COVID-19.
#GivingTuesdayNow is taking place in addition to the regularly scheduled #GivingTuesday on December 1, 2020.
One of the best things we can do while we maintain physical distance is to show social connection on behalf of each other and our communities. Activities in which we can all partake include:
- Donate to the Coronavirus Response Fund to simultaneously ensure individuals affected by the pandemic have access to food, while also helping governments around the world immediately respond to the pandemic and strengthen health systems for billions.
- Give to the individual organizations that you love most – no amount is too little and nonprofits need our support.
- Support healthcare workers by donating supplies, advocating for them, and staying home.
- Help out small businesses by buying gift cards or writing an online review.
- Combat loneliness by reaching out to a neighbor, relative, seniors, or veterans.
Visit https://www.charities.org/givingtuesdaynow to learn more and get information to help you plan your own #GivingTuesdayNow celebration.
We’ve put together resources and articles from industry experts to help you get ready for this global day of giving. Click below for #GivingTuesdayNow resources specifically for:
If you are an America's Charities member, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how your nonprofit is responding to COVID-19. We have already compiled a list of members that are responding to coronavirus and are including it in our #GivingTuesdayNow promotion. If you are not included on that page, let us know what you are doing and we will add your activities and continue to use our website and social media pages to promote you.
We’d love to hear from you.
It doesn't matter where you come from, where you live, or what profession you have, we know that COVID-19 has impacted you. We'd love to learn how you are managing during this difficult time. How are you connecting with your loved ones and colleagues during coronavirus? How will you celebrate #GivingTuesdayNow on May 5? Share your story -- be sure to tag us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram -- and we’ll share your update with our network.
Whatever you’re doing, however you are managing in this new normal, thank you for caring and working toward the greater good. Our thoughts are with you. As as been proven time and again, we know that when we come together, when we are united, amazing things happen.
Visit our Coronavirus Resource Center for six steps you can take, right now, to help communities impacted by COVID-19 near and far. We keep this updated as coronavirus continues its destructive path, so check back often.