Merck Named One of America’s Most Just Companies by Forbes and Just Capital
Merck was named one of America’s Most JUST Companies for 2020, according to Forbes and JUST Capital, the leading corporate measurement platform for the stakeholder economy. The list of America’s Most JUST Companies celebrates U.S. corporations that outperform their peers in the Russell 1000 on the priorities of the American people – including issues like fair pay, ethical leadership, good benefits and work-life balance, equal opportunity, customer treatment and privacy, community support, environmental impact, and delivering shareholder return. By balancing the needs of all stakeholders, JUST 100 leaders demonstrate that profits and purpose can go hand in hand.
Compared to their Russell 1000 peers, companies in the JUST 100 on average:
- Pay their median workers 31% more.
- Employ 2.1 times as many workers in the U.S.
- Are 4 times more likely to have conducted gender pay equity analyses.
- Are 2.5 times more likely to publish workforce demographics.
- Give 8.4 times more to charity.
- Have a 6% higher Return-on-Equity.
Visit our 2018/2019 Corporate Responsibility Report for more information on our programs, policies and partnerships that advance our shared social and business objectives.