mSpiration: Email and Mobile a Match Made in Heaven
Sep 10, 2013 4:30 PM ET
Your Latest mSpiration- Quick mobile ideas to mSpire your nonprofit organization to change the world one text at a time.
Can you email your way to mobile success? “When it comes to recruiting supporters into your mobile network, using channels donors are already familiar with, like email, can deliver success,” says Eileen Newman, grants & major gifts coordinator of Hudson River Sloop Clearwater, Inc. “Email was an effective recruitment tool for us as we began building our list of mobile supporters.”
Clearwater sent a recruitment email to supporters, promoting their mobile community, prior to their annual weekend festival, the Great Hudson River Revival. Nearly 30 percent of the total new mobile supporters the organization recruited in connection with the Revival came from email.
Here are some mTips from Clearwater’s mobile recruitment email that you can apply to your own mobile campaign:
- Give clear directions for opting in to the mobile network, in the graphic and text portions of the email.
- Explain why supporters should opt-in. Mobile gives them a chance to communicate with the organization in an easy and effective way.
- Clearly describe what types of communication supporters will receive through mobile (and note Clearwater’s use of mobile for multiple communication activities, and not just text donation requests!).
- Provide a personal contact for supporters to follow up with to lend credibility.
- Email is just one effective way to build a mobile network of supporters. Contact us if you are mSpired to learn how you can get started building your own mobile network.
Check out the attachment below, to see how they did it.
Your nonprofit is going mobile-just in the nick of time! But how do you make mobile work, while becoming your organizations mobile rock star? On our new blog series we will be posting innovative, creative and downright awesome ways that mobile is being used so you can go turn those bystanders into supporters-in 160 characters or less!
Want to be in-the-know every time we post a new mSpiration? Text VIP to 50555 to join the mSpirations mobile community, then follow the link to complete your profile and stay up-to-date whenever a new mSpiring tidbit is posted.