Uncovering What's Next at the Global Pro Bono Summit
The Global Pro Bono Summit is an annual invitation-only gathering of leaders from across sectors and around the world with a shared vision to make the talents and skills of the entire business community accessible to organizations serving our collective good.
Local host and Global Pro Bono Network co-founder Taproot Foundation, Global Pro Bono Network co-founder and supporter the BMW Foundation Herbert Quandt, and Impact Sponsor BNY Mellon convened representatives from pro bono intermediaries, corporations, foundations, and other pro bono champions in New York City from May 7 - 9.
In this recap, you’ll discover what we learned and what's next for the pro bono movement.
Key takeaways include:
- Scaling pro bono programs starts with storytelling. Attendees shared insights on what it takes to scale programs, and one theme emerged—that sharing stories builds the essential pro bono champions who will fight for stronger programs.
- The future of work is top of mind for everyone. And together we explored the connection between pro bono and our changing economy.
- Building cross-sector understanding is never done. When companies intentionally develop an understanding of how nonprofits work, employees can work alongside their partners to develop solutions that truly meet the needs of the organizations they serve.
And highlights of what's next:
- Developing strong partnerships of all sizes must be a priority. Throughout the days, participants noted how building partnerships is challenging, but vital, for the growth of the movement—whether that's within a company or across sectors.
- Ensuring the pro bono movement is an ecosystem, not an echo chamber. We need to pair good intentions with intentionality as we build and scale our programs.
- Moving the field forward requires bold, creative problem-solving. Companies in particular thought deeply about how they can collaborate with industry leaders to approach system issues at scale.
Eager to learn more about the 2019 Global Pro Bono Summit? Register here to attend our Summit recap webinar on Thursday, June 27 at 2:30 p.m. EDT / 1:30 p.m. CDT / 11:30 a.m. PDT.
About Taproot Foundation
Taproot Foundation, a national nonprofit, connects nonprofits and social change organizations with passionate, skilled volunteers who share their expertise pro bono. Taproot is creating a world where organizations dedicated to social change have full access—through pro bono service—to the marketing, strategy, HR, and IT resources they need to be most effective. Since 2001, Taproot’s network of skilled volunteers has served over 6,600 social change organizations providing 1.68 million hours of work worth over $190 million in value. Taproot has offices in New York City, Chicago, San Francisco Bay Area, and Los Angeles, and founded a network of global pro bono providers in over 30 countries around the world. www.taprootfoundation.org