Blog Post - Cisco Systems Inc.
Share our Story
Learn about our Company
ABOUT Cisco Systems Inc.
Cisco makes an impact on society by creating networks that connect the world and improve education and healthcare, by enabling energy efficiency, and by helping people collaborate and work smarter.
Our corporate social responsibility (CSR) programs are designed to provide long-term benefits to our employees, customers, shareholders, partners, and individuals in communities around the world. We focus on these main areas:Governance EthicsSupply ChainOur PeopleSocietyEnvironment
Cisco’s Global Hunger Relief Campaign Exemplifies “Giving Tuesday”
Cisco is proud to be a partner in Giving Tuesday, a campaign to create a national day of giving at the start of the annual holiday season.
We are celebrating Giving Tuesday by:
1. Promoting Cisco’s signature employee giving initiative, the Global Hunger Relief Campaign. Our goal: contribute $1.25 million in employee donations to hunger relief agencies globally and 12,500 volunteer hours by December 31, 2012. Cisco employee donations to the Campaign are matched twice – once by the Cisco Foundation and once by Cisco Chairman Emeritus John Morgridge – multiplying their impact.
2. Volunteering at several Cisco locations. In Lawrenceville, Georgia, Cisco employees will pack meal boxes for the underserved in Gwinnett County in partnership with Gwinnett Technical College. And, Cisco headquarters in San Jose, California will partner with Stop Hunger Now to pack meals for distribution to hungry children around the world.
3. Donating meals to the World Food Programme (WFP) through its How Do You Give Facebook campaign. For every comment someone makes on Facebook, Cisco will contribute $1 – enough for WFP to provide 4 meals to people facing hunger.
Here’s how YOU can be part of Giving Tuesday:
- Leave a comment on the Cisco Facebook How Do You Give Campaign
- Follow #GivingTuesday on Twitter
- Visit Giving Tuesday for more ideas