RBSNY Will Dig into CSR Potential & Purpose
(3BL Media/Justmeans) — Coming up on March 27-28 in New York is the 5th annual Responsible Business Summit produced by Ethical Corporation. This event will feature over 250 attendees with some of the world’s biggest names in CSR and sustainability. This year’s Summit is aimed to help businesses uncover the potential for CSR to drive profit, and shape strategy with empirical justification. To quote Willy Foote, CEO of Root Capital, “The Responsible Business Summit NY, is a powerful opportunity to advance the shared value conversation and, ultimately, contribute to a more sustainable and prosperous future.”
This is an opportunity for businesses of all stripes to find alignment between their core vision and those of others in the growing responsible business community.
Attendees will have the opportunity to network with and hear from leaders of organizations including: Google, PepsiCo, The New York Time, General Motors, Oracle, Wall Street Journal, Intel, Steelcase, and dozens more. You can see the complete list here.
Keynote topics will include:
- Being a responsible business – what’s not to get?!
- Climate change policy
- How Investors and Companies can work together to achieve sustainable long-term growth
- The Responsible Sourcing Journey
- How to reshape business to deliver on Sustainable Development Goals
- Implementing the CEOs vision into practice
- Aligning Business Strategy Around Social Purpose
- Creating a business of purpose
- Leverage global brand presence to resonate purpose in local markets
- The future for conflict-free supply chains
Three extended interactive workshops will be featured, on Supply Chain Transparency and Traceability, Human Rights, and Storytelling in Reporting.
Other companies will be making presentations on:
- Evidence your business case with sophisticated data (PepsiCo Global R&D)
- Quantify your impact on business operations (MetLife)
- How Metlife sells its findings to secure CSR buy-in (NC State University, SASB)
- How WWF helps pitch the Climate case to take action to the next level (World Wildlife Fund)
- Engage employees with the right sell and measure the impact of change (Timberland, HSBC, Zendesk, Google, Hyatt)
- Engage external stakeholders on purpose (actiam, Pirelli, The Coca-cola Company)
- Harness the power of the corporate story (Tbd)
- How engaging millennials will drive deeper CSR commitments (IM, blackbaud)
- Partnerships that accelerate change (Timberland, Thread, Pyxera)
- Opportunities to turn environmental waste into new revenue streams (Dell, Aquafil, Aerofarms)
- How technology can be harnessed to manage supply chain risks (Rainforest Alliance, ChainPoint)
- How to minimize environmental risks and stay compliant (Horseheads, Breakthrough Results)
- How to educate suppliers towards long-term collaboration (icti CARE, Walgreens Boots Alliance, intel)
- How Salesforce creates a competitive advantage through data centre efficiency (Salesforce)
- EHS Regulatory Hotspots (enhesa)
This looks like a great opportunity to participate in significant conversations on subjects that matter and to learn a lot. I’ll be attending—watch for my reports on the Summit in coming weeks.