Job Opening - McDonald's Corporation
Learn about our Company
ABOUT McDonald's Corporation
McDonald's is the leading global foodservice retailer with more than 33,000 local restaurants serving more than 64 million people in 118 countries each day. More than 80% of McDonald's restaurants worldwide are owned and operated by independent local men and women.
Our rich history began with our founder, Ray Kroc. The strong foundation that he built continues today with McDonald's vision and the commitment of our talented executives to keep the shine on McDonald's Arches for years to come. To read more about McDonald's history, vision and executives, click on their links in the left menu.
Sustainability Communications Intern at McDonald’s
Oak Brook, Illinois, UNITED STATES
Job Status: Internship
The Sustainability Communications Intern will work closely with the McDonald’s Global CSR/Sustainability and Global External Communications teams to further develop and execute our sustainability communications strategy. The successful candidate will build upon our sustainability reporting activities to identify engaging content from across our global system and take the lead on developing content that can shared through a variety of internal and external communications channels – internet, mainstream media, company intranet etc. As part of this experience, he intern will have the opportunity to connect directly with a wide range of functional subject matter experts at multiple levels of the organization and lead the 2013 intern cohort (~100 students) in a project related to sustainability communications in the McDonald’s context.
- Provides overall project management and effective workflow processes for the development of a sustainability communications strategy
- Collaborates with relevant internal stakeholders to identify the most impactful features for our global sustainability efforts.
- Coordinates with internal functional and market-level stakeholders to gather relevant information to build comprehensive features on our sustainability work
- Oversees the process of information gathering, content editing, and pitching of stories
- Monitors sustainability communications trends and provides analysis of approaches to improve sustainability communications
- Contributes to the development of strategic sustainability communications plans and initiatives
- Support the Global CSR/Sustainability team in providing input to submissions for the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI)/Sustainable Asset Management (SAM), Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) and other related investor questionnaires
- Ensures integrity of sustainability and CSR content through fact checking and substantiation
- Leads our 2013 global intern cohort in a collective project around sustainability communications to be presented to senior leaders including our CEO
Experience & Qualifications
- In the process of attaining a Master’s degree with a strong sustainability focus.
- Deep understanding of sustainability issues and stakeholder expectations in the context of the McDonald’s business
- Experience with social media, web, and traditional media channels.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, global, team environment
- Ability to excel in a complex and decentralized business environment
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple issues, manage scope and contain risks
- Extremely strong written and verbal communications skills (Writing samples required)
- Passionate about making a positive difference in society ￼* Strong presentation skills. The ability to present, explain and discuss complex sustainability concepts in a clear and understandable fashion
- Imports and exports good ideas: relentlessly seeks, shares and adopts ideas and best practices in and outside the Company and embraces change introduced by others.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Apply online at http://www.aboutmcdonalds.com/mcd/corporate_careers.html and send resume to email@example.com