Hall Family, Hallmark & Crown Center Honored with J. Philip Kirk, Jr. Award
In 2018, the Hall Family, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and Crown Center, were awarded the J. Philip Kirk, Jr. Award from the Downtown Council of Kansas City, Mo., for downtown vision and stewardship. This award is presented annually to leaders whose vision, guidance and commitment have helped set downtown on a clear path for revitalization. The Downtown Council presented this award to our company's founding family for the way the Hall family and Hallmark have expressed their commitment to Kansas City and its citizens for more than 100 years through:
- Hallmark and its ideals of quality and caring
- Locating and maintaining Hallmark headquarters in Downtown Kansas City
- Establishing the Crown Center Redevelopment Corporation 50 years ago
- Introducing Crown Center and its world-class retail and residential amenities
- Providing a nurturing and creative environment for generations of artists
- The depth and breadth of the family's philanthropic and leadership commitment to the city over many decades
- The Hall Family Foundation's generous and consistent financial contributions to the health and vitality of the local community
For more than 100 years, family-owned Hallmark Cards, Inc. has been dedicated to creating a more emotionally connected world. Headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri and employing more than 30,000 worldwide, the approximately $4 billion company operates a diversified portfolio of businesses. Its global Hallmark Greetings business sells greeting cards and gift wrap in more than 30 languages with distribution in more than 100 countries and 100,000 rooftops. Hallmark Retail operates 2,000 Hallmark Gold Crown stores in five countries and Hallmark Home & Gifts sells a broad array of home décor and gift product throughout the U.S. Crayola® offers a wide range of art materials and toys designed to spark children’s creativity around the globe. Crown Media Family Networks operates three cable channels – Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, and Hallmark Drama – in addition to Hallmark Publishing, the e-books division of the Hallmark channels, and Hallmark Movies Now, a subscription-based streaming service. Crown Center is a real estate development company that manages the 85-acre hotel, office, entertainment and residential campus surrounding Hallmark’s headquarters.
For more information, visit Hallmark.com.