The Value of Certification and Verification for Green Power Purchases Webinar
Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at 10:00–11:00 AM PT
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Green Power Partnership (GPP) will host "The Value of Certification and Verification for Green Power Purchases Webinar," a free webinar with Center for Resource Solutions (CRS) examining the value of certification and verification in the green power market.
Switching to green power is easy with the right information but it can be difficult for buyers of green power to know whether they are buying credible products from credible suppliers. For this reason, EPA recommends, as a consumer best practice, buying green power products that are third-party certified and verified. Green power products certified by an independent third-party offers consumer a higher level of certainty about the integrity of their purchase.
Center for Resource Solutions’ Green-e Energy program not only certifies green power products, but also independently verifies the products annually.
The webinar will review:
- Why certification is important
- Verification and marketing compliance review process
- How CRS sets Green-e standards
- Christopher Kent, Program Manager, U.S. EPA’s Green Power Partnership
- Sarah Busch, Senior Analyst, Market Development, Center for Resource Solutions
- Elliott Engelmann, Analyst, Renewable Energy Purchaser Programs, Center for Resource Solutions