What Does It Take to Build a Habitat House?
People in your community and all over the world partner with Habitat for Humanity to build or improve the place they call home. In fact, Habitat is the largest privately held homebuilder and regularly ranks as one of the top 20 homebuilders in the United States.
But what exactly goes into building a Habitat house? A whole lot, as it turns out.
From insulation to locks to refrigerators, here’s what our national partners donated in one year alone:
- 288 roofing systems from GAF
- 9,190 privacy blinds from Hunter Douglas
- 251,943 gallons of paint from Valspar
- 42,914 locks from Yale
- 100 football-fields worth of Styrofoam insulation from Dow
- 63,402 Square D electrical products from Schneider Electric
- 11,152 refrigerators and ranges from Whirlpool
- 16,700 LED lights from Cree
Read more on Habitat.org.