Share our Story
Learn about our Company
About ToyotaToyota (NYSE:TM) established operations inthe United Statesin 1957 and currently operates 10 manufacturing plants in eight states. Toyota directly employs nearly 30,000 people in the U.S. and its investment here is currently valued at more than$18 billion, including sales and manufacturing operations, research and development, financial services and design facilities. Toyotas annual purchasing of parts, materials, goods and services from U.S. suppliers totals more than$23 billion.Toyota is deeply committed to being a great community partner and is focused on supporting programs in ways that achieve long-term sustainable results. Toyota supports numerous organizations across the country, with a particular concentration on education, the environment and safety. Since 1991, Toyota has contributed more than half a billion dollars to philanthropic programs across the U.S.For more information on Toyota, please visitwww.toyota.com.About Toyota Financial Services (TFS)TFS is the finance and insurance brand for Toyota and Lexus in the U.S., offering retail auto financing and leasing through Toyota Motor Credit Corporation (TMCC) and Toyota Lease Trust and extended service contracts and other payment protection products through Toyota Motor Insurance Services (TMIS). TFS employs 3,300 associates nationwide, and has managed assets totaling more than$91 billion. It is part of a worldwide network of comprehensive financial services offered by Toyota Financial Services Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation.
Toyota 2012 North American Environmental Report Feature: Eco-Efficient Operations [Video]
Toyota's waste minimization efforts include composting cafeteria waste. At our plant in Georgetown, Kentucky, cafeteria waste is composted on-site, then used in a greenhouse to grow produce for families in need.
- Toyota's North American manufacturing division received another ENERGY STAR® Sustained Excellence award.
- Cumulative savings from the use of returnable containers in our logistics division amounts to over 129 million pounds of wood and 48 million pounds of cardboard.
- An improved reverse osmosis system at our Cambridge, Ontario, plant is saving 50,000 cubic meters (13.2 million gallons) of water per year.
- Toyota's Nature Trails
- Savings From Lighting Retrofits
- Renewable Energy Projects at our Sales and Logistics Sites
- Packaging Reductions
- Water Savings at our Plant in Cambridge, Ontario
- Wildlife Habitat Council
- Mexico's Environmental Leadership Program for Competitiveness
- Jackson County Development Center