Share our Story
Get in Touch with Us
Learn about our Company
Social Accountability International (SAI) is a non-profit, multi-stakeholder organization established to advance the human rights of workers by promoting decent work conditions, labor rights, and corporate social responsibility through voluntary standards and capacity building.
Social Accountability International's Newsletter - July 2012
>>Transforming the UN Guiding Principles into Business Practice
SAI & ICCO to convene a 2-day training event to help businesses implement the UN Guiding Principles in their supply chain
>>SA8000: Overtime & Lead Time
Q & A with SAI Lead Trainer Sanjiv Singh
>>SAAS Launches New Oversight Project in India for SA8000
SAAS convenes SA8000 calibration meeting in Bangalore & meets with key stakeholders
>>SAI Completes GSCP Self Assessment
The Self-Assessment, a benchmarking tool, allows for a comparison of SA8000 to the GSCP Reference Tools
>>Rosy Blue Diamonds: Advancing the Rio 20 Agenda
SAI Corporate Programs member Rosy Blue Diamonds notes SA8000's 'Management Systems' as integral to its social compliance
>>SA8000 'Management Systems' a Tool for Social Life Cycle Assessment
UNEP's Assessment's 'Guidelines' references SA8000's management systems requirement as an evaluation tool
>>Snapshot: SAI Meeting on Labor Rights in China
SAI hosts meeting with representatives from U.S. State Department's International Visitor Leadership Program
>>UN Meetings Focus on Gender, Transparency and MDG's
SAI attends meetings of UN ECOSOC, CEDAW and the Development Cooperation Forum
>>SAAS Accredits 21st Certification Body: GlobalGROUP
The Scotland-based GlobalGROUP is accredited to perform SA8000 audits and issue certifications
>>Enroll in Global SA8000 Auditor Training Courses
International Locations & Online Courses Available
Highlights & Announcements
- 'SA8000' Officially Trademarked in India The SA8000 Standard has been legally trademarked by the Indian government as a standard of social accountability, with a corresponding accreditation process.
- Responsible Jewellery Council Due Dilligence Webinars - On June 18 & 20, SAI Communications Intern Shirley Wu participated in the RJC's two webinars on OECD Due Dilligence Guidance Training, for upstream and downstream companies. Learn more: access the webinar recordings @bit.ly/MDVXpA and read overview @bit.ly/ObhAvp
- Global March International Conference on Child Labor in Agriculture- On July 28-30, SAI Senior Advisor Alan Spaulding will participate in this conference in Washington, D.C. Learn more about the event @globalmarch.org.
- UN Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights Workshop -Following the conference on child labor, Mr. Spaulding will attend this workshop on July 30 for civil society organizations in Washington, D.C., hosted by the U.S. State Department.
- Sustainable Clothes: From Field to Store In the July/August 2012 issue of Green American (a publication of the NGO Green America) SA8000 was included along with other certifications, including Fair Trade, GOTS Organic, and Union-Made Private Labels. Read the article @bit.ly/O2wh4n (excerpted from magazine)