Explore What's New in the BSR Conference 2014 Program
BSR is abuzz as we confirm speakers, finalize sessions, and approve the details for meals, networking receptions, and our mobile app for the BSR Conference 2014, taking place November 4-6 in New York.
The event is just two short months away, and an even closer deadline is approaching: Advance rates—the last chance to save on your Conference registration—end September 30.
Here’s a snapshot of what’s new in our program, including a few sessions, speakers, and creative features that will make your experience an exceptional one.
- Ricardo Fuentes-Nieva, Head of Research, Oxfam GB
- Kelly Goodejohn, Director, Ethical Sourcing, Starbucks
- Reiner Hengstmann, Global Director, Sustainability, PUMA
- Sheelah Kolhatkar, Features Editor and National Correspondent, Bloomberg Businessweek
- Jeff Nesbit, Executive Director, Climate Nexus
- Gabi Zedlmayer, Vice President and Chief Progress Officer, HP
- Lessons in Resilience: Learning from Extreme Weather Events: Katrina, Sandy, Haiyan: How can the private sector act to make business and society more resilient in a climate-constrained world? What steps are companies already taking to respond to anticipated future risks?
- The Fracking Debate: Do We Know Enough to Hit the Gas? The experts debate: Are fracking companies doing enough proactive due diligence and risk assessment to ensure that they are considering the health and geological risks of fracking at these unprecedented levels? Are they taking the right steps to mitigate or eliminate those risks?
- Using Sustainability to Move Markets: It is the virtuous circle of marketing: Make your product so desirable that everyone must have it now. But can marketers achieve this same dynamic with sustainability? Can mainstream, mass-market brands motivate their consumers to buy into sustainable lifestyles?
- Ask Me Anything session with BSR leaders and other Conference attendees putting transparency to the test
- Consultative discussion with business on the Sustainable Development Goals
- Live Twitter wall for Q&As
- Crowd polling via our mobile app
- Participant spectrograms to kick off and close debate sessions
- Table teams to work through practical sustainability challenges with peers
Register today for the BSR Conference. Advance registration rates expire on September 30.
About the BSR Conference 2014
The BSR Conference 2014 will explore how transparency can transform supply chains, energy and climate, consumer engagement, community impacts, and more, and how businesses are managing differently in a fully transparent world. Join us in New York November 4-6 to discover how transformative technologies, business models, and financial valuations can produce rapid progress on the road to a more just and sustainable future.
BSR is a global nonprofit organization that works with its network of more than 250 member companies to build a just and sustainable world. From its offices in Asia, Europe, and North America, BSR develops sustainable business strategies and solutions through consulting, research, and cross-sector collaboration. Visit www.bsr.org for more information about BSR’s more than 20 years of leadership in sustainability.