UN Global Compact Bulletin (October 2014)
The UN Global Compact Bulletin is designed to keep participants up to date on news, engagement opportunities, resources and events. Participants are encouraged to look to this monthly communication for important information. Please note that engagement opportunities and events are intended for Global Compact stakeholders unless otherwise indicated. The Bulletin is published in English, French, Spanish and Chinese.
Special Appeal: Support Ebola Emergency Response
- Visit business.un.org to donate to the UN Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) and learn more about the response.
- Attend Private Sector Leadership and Ebola Crisis Response (11 Dec, New York).
1. Global Business Leaders Take Strong Stand for Carbon Pricing
2. EU Directive Calls for Corporate Disclosure of Non-Financial Information
3. Business Plays a Critical Role in Contributing to Peace
4. Global Compact Convenes First Meeting of Industry and Trade Associations on Corporate Sustainability
5. CEO Water Mandate Highlights Sanitation at Stockholm World Water Week
6. IFC Launches She Works Partnership to Advance Women’s Employment in the Private Sector
7. Role of Business Highlighted During First World Conference on Indigenous Peoples
8. The Advisory Group on Supply Chain Sustainability Selects New Members
9. Participant Status: New Signatories, COPs and Delistings
1. September Updates
1. Call to Action: Anti-Corruption and the Global Development Agenda
2. Align with Business Leadership Criteria on Carbon Pricing
1. Caring for Climate Resources Released at the UN Private Sector Forum
- Business Leadership Criteria on Carbon Pricing
- Executive Brief: Are You Engaging Responsibly on Climate Policy?
- Are You Aligning your Emissions Reduction Targets with Climate Science?
2. New CEO Water Mandate Resources
- Corporate Water Disclosure Guidelines
- Exploring the Business Case for Corporate Action on Sanitation: White Paper
1. 2014 Sustainable Stock Exchange Global Dialogue and UNCTAD World Investment Forum (13-16 Oct, Geneva)
2. Private Sustainability Finance: Leveraging Private Finance for Sustainable Development (16 Oct, Geneva)
3. Business Forum on Africa's Infrastructure Development (16 Oct, New York)
4. Local Network Regional Meeting Europe (28-30 Oct, Skopje)
5. Local Network Regional Meeting Americas and IV Business Forum for Latin America and the Caribbean (3-6 Nov, Buenos Aires)
6. Business and Investment Forum at the Second United Nations Conference on Landlocked Developing Countries (LLDCs) (4 Nov, Vienna)
1. Access to Water - Human Rights and Business Dilemmas Forum (9 Oct, 10:00 am EDT)
2. The Role of Business in Achieving Global Education Goals (21 Oct, 11:00 am EDT)
3. Traceability in Global Supply Chains - Forestry Sector on (22 Oct, 10:00 am EDT)
4. Privacy - Human Rights and Business Dilemmas Forum (28 Oct, 10:00 am EDT)
5. Understanding the Impact of Business Investments in Education (28 Oct, 11:00 am EDT)
Read the UN Global Compact Bulletin online:
Published 8 October 2014