UN Global Compact Monthly Bulletin - April 2013
The UN Global Compact Bulletin is designed to keep participants up to date on news, engagement opportunities, resources and events. Participants are encouraged to look to this monthly communication for important information. Please note that engagement opportunities and events are intended for Global Compact stakeholders unless otherwise indicated. The Bulletin is published in English, French, Spanish and Chinese.
NEWS & UPDATES
- Private Sector Perspectives Conveyed to High-Level Panel on Post-2015 Development Agenda
- Joint Letter Calls On Business To Scale Up Efforts To Eliminate Child Labour
- Business Advances Gender Equality and Inclusion through Women’s Empowerment Principles
- Taking Stock of the Children's Rights and Business Principles
- Efforts Undertaken to Scale up Water Stewardship and Action
- Ethics, Compliance and Collective Action Explored in Nigeria
- Investors Call on Companies to Join the UN Global Compact
- Local Network Update
- New Head of Local Networks Appointed
- Global Compact and Local Network Germany Convene 4th Exchange Programme
- Sustainable Banking Explored Together by Local Networks in Turkey and the Netherlands
- Foundation Established for Global Compact Local Network in Lebanon
- Join the Child Labour Platform
- Provide Input: Caring for Climate Study
- Call for Applications: UNFCCC’s Momentum for Change – Women for Results
- Sign Open Letter: Call on Academic Institutions to Incorporate Human Rights in Management Education
- More Opportunities: Comment on the Exposure Draft of Guide for Business on Indigenous Peoples’ Rights and more
- Lawyers as Leaders – Environment Module
- Financial Literacy: Empowering Children and Paving the Way for the Future
- Occupational Safety and Health in the Supply Chain
- An Introduction to the Guiding Principles on Human Rights
EVENT INVITATIONS & WEBINARS
- UN Global Compact Leaders Summit 2013 (19-20 Sep, New York)
- Roundtable with the UN Working Group on Business and Human Rights (29 Apr, New York)
- Upcoming Webinars (April - May 2013)
- Consultations on Business Reference Guide on UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (17 Apr and 30 Apr)
- Good Business Practices to Address Human Trafficking (22 Apr)
- Investing the Rights Way: A Guide for Investors on Business and Human Rights (23 Apr)
- Human Rights and Business Dilemmas Forum
Follow the UN Global Compact on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Follow the WEPs on Facebook and Twitter.
Follow PRME on Facebook and Twitter.
Follow PRI on Twitter and subscribe to its public newsletter.
Published 10 April 2013