Application Period Extended for the 2014 Green Power Leadership Awards
Apr 4, 2014 5:00 PM ET
April 4, 2014 /3BL Media/ - Sponsored by Center for Resource Solutions (CRS) and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, the Green Power Leadership Awards are competitive awards that recognize outstanding commitments and achievements in the green power marketplace.
1. CRS Market Development Awards
The CRS Green Power Leadership Awards in Market Development recognize individuals, companies, organizations, and other renewable energy industry leaders that are building the market for green power. Any party may submit applications or nominations, and there is no limit to the number of applications that may be submitted per party for the awards. Note that there are two new award categories this year:
- Green Power Market Development (New!): Recognizes organizations and individuals building and growing the voluntary market for green power. This may include organizations using renewable energy, electricity suppliers and REC providers, policy advocates, leaders in project development, and others influential in driving green power. The award honors industry leaders that are innovators and champions of renewable energy and whose actions are supporting the accelerated development of green power markets.
- Leadership in Green Power Education (New!): Recognizes effective and unique programs and organizations focusing on green power education. This award honors work that spreads the word about the environmental benefits of green power, and efforts to boost public interest in renewable energy.
- Green Power Leader of the Year: Recognizes outstanding leadership by an individual who is leveraging his or her influence, power, position, or purchasing power to increase the prevalence of renewable energy. Evaluation criteria include: efforts and achievements of an individual, contributions to building the green power market, and dedication to and vision for renewable energy.
To apply for the CRS Green Power Leadership Awards in Market Development, submit using our 2014 GPLA Application Form. The application period has been extended to Monday, May 5, 2014. The EPA Partner and Supplier Award deadline has also been extended, see below for details.
If you have any questions, please contact Lucy Harbor at 415-561-2103 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be accurate, complete, and must address all criteria listed in the form.
An evaluation panel including representatives from CRS and national green power experts will review and evaluate the applications received. Award winners are featured at the annual Renewable Energy Markets conference.
2. EPA Partner and Supplier Awards
EPA's Partner Awards (formerly "Purchaser" Awards) recognize leading Green Power Partners and Communities that have helped further the green power market through their green power purchase or use of on-site renewable energy applications, overall green power strategy, and impact on the green power market. EPA's Supplier Awards highlight the accomplishments of green power suppliers (utilities, retail suppliers, REC marketers, and renewable energy project developers) that are innovators and leaders in the voluntary renewable energy market.
EPA's Partner Awards include:
- Sustained Excellence in Green Power: Recognizes continual leadership in advancing green power development.
- Green Power Partner of the Year: Recognizes Partners who distinguish themselves through their green power use, leadership, overall strategy, and impact on the green power market.
- Green Power Community of the Year: Recognizes EPA Green Power Communities that distinguish themselves through their green power use, leadership, citizen engagement, renewable energy strategy, and impact on the green power market.
- On-site Generation: Recognizes Partners who distinguish themselves using on-site renewable energy applications.
- Green Power Purchasing: Recognizes Partners who distinguish themselves through purchases of green power from a utility green-pricing program, a competitive green marketer, or a renewable energy certificate (REC) supplier.
EPA's Supplier Awards include:
- Green Power Supplier of the Year: Recognizes green power suppliers that are leaders in offering voluntary renewable energy to their customers.
The application deadline for the EPA awards has also been extended, to Wednesday, April 16. For more information about the EPA awards, visit www.epa.gov/greenpower/awards/ or contact Mollie Lemon at email@example.com or 202-343-9859.
About the Green Power Leadership Awards
The annual Green Power Leadership Awards are competitive awards that recognize outstanding commitments and achievements in the green power marketplace. The awards are co-sponsored by the nonprofit Center for Resource Solutions and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. The Green Power Leadership Awards recognize outstanding commitments and achievements in the green power marketplace in three categories—Partners, Suppliers, and Market Development. They are presented at the annual Renewable Energy Markets conference.
About Center for Resource Solutions
Center for Resource Solutions (CRS) is a national nonprofit with global impact. CRS brings forth expert responses to climate change issues with the speed and effectiveness necessary to provide real-time solutions. Its leadership through collaboration and environmental innovation builds policies and consumer-protection mechanisms in renewable energy, greenhouse gas reductions, and energy efficiency that foster healthy and sustained growth in national and international markets. For more information about its programs, including Green-e, visit www.resource-solutions.org and www.green-e.org.
About EPA's Green Power Partnership
EPA's Green Power Partnership is a voluntary program that encourages organizations to buy green power as a way to reduce the environmental impacts associated with purchased electricity use. The Partnership currently has more than 1,500 Partner organizations voluntarily purchasing billions of kilowatt-hours of green power annually. Partners include a wide variety of leading organizations such as Fortune 500 companies, small and medium sized businesses, local, state, and federal governments, and colleges and universities. For more information, visit www.epa.gov/greenpower.