Bristol-Myers Squibb Receives 2018 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year Sustained Excellence Award
NEW YORK, April 2, 2018 /3BL Media/ — The U.S Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S. Department of Energy have recognized Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (NYSE: BMY) with an ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year Sustained Excellence Award for outstanding efforts to improve the energy efficiency of facilities worldwide. Bristol-Myers Squibb has earned the ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year award for the past four consecutive years.
The award confirms Bristol-Myers Squibb’s long-term commitment to environmental responsibility through driving sustainable improvements in energy with a goal of reducing the company use or resources across its drug discovery, development and delivery pipeline
“We are proud to receive the ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year designation for four years, and to increase our recognition with the Sustained Excellence Award,” said Carol Ryerkerk Powell, vice president of Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability, Bristol-Myers Squibb. “In order to continue developing innovative medicines for our patients, we have to embrace our responsibility to support our environment, employees and communities. We look forward to our continued partnership with ENERGY STAR to better advance our energy management programs and demonstrate our leadership within the pharmaceutical industry.”
Bristol-Myers Squibb was recognized for the following accomplishments:
- Achieving an annual energy intensity improvement of more than four percent globally, contributing to an 11.3 percent reduction in energy consumption since 2013.
- Assisting the ENERGY STAR program with energy treasure hunt training for healthcare energy managers and conducting a treasure hunt with an external organization, St. Joseph’s Medical Center in Bloomington, Illinois.
- Achieving the ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry at two sites and taking the challenge at eight new sites.
- Hosting the first ENERGY STAR showcase event at a pharmaceutical facility that engaged employees, local government officials and ENERGY STAR industrial partners.
- Earning ENERGY STAR certification at two office buildings.
- Actively participating in the ENERGY STAR Focus on Energy Efficiency in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing and the ENERGY STAR industrial partnership.
- Investing over $42.4 million across 342 energy projects to achieve an annualized savings of over $18.3 million since 2010.
In addition to the company’s recognition as an ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year, BristolMyers Squibb’s research and development site in Hopewell, New Jersey, and the manufacturing site in New Brunswick, New Jersey earned the 2017 Challenge for Industry recognition. The ENERGY STAR Challenge for Industry is a national call-to-action to improve energy efficiency of America’s manufacturers by 10% or more. By taking the ENERGY STAR Challenge, sites set a goal to reduce their energy intensity by 10% within five years.
About Bristol-Myers Squibb
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. For more information, visit us at BMS.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Lisa McCormick Lavery