Bristol-Myers Squibb Receives 2019 ENERGYSTAR® Partner of the Year – Sustained Excellence Award
NEW YORK, April 11, 2019 /3BL Media/ — The U.S Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has recognized Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (NYSE: BMY) with an ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year Sustained Excellence Award for its outstanding contributions and leadership to improve the energy efficiency of facilities worldwide. Bristol-Myers Squibb has earned the ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year award for the past five consecutive years.
“We are proud to have our commitment to environmental responsibility recognized with the ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Sustained Excellence Award,” said Carol Ryerkerk Powell, vice president of Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability, Bristol-Myers Squibb. “Driving sustainable improvements to reduce our energy waste is essential in ensuring that we continuously protect our environment, our people and our patients. Our partnership with ENERGY STAR will help us to transcend our energy management goals while developing an innovative pipeline for patients in need.”
Bristol-Myers Squibb was recognized for the following accomplishments:
- Sustaining more than a two percent energy intensity reduction for 2018 to contribute to a 12.2-percent energy intensity reduction since 2012.
- Engaging over 460 employees and contractors at 13 sites in energy treasure hunts that identified over $12 million in cost savings since 2015. An Energy Treasure Hunt is a two- to three-day event that engages employees in identifying low-cost energy savings opportunities from behavioral, operational, and maintenance actions.
- Educating other ENERGY STAR partner companies, as well as the American Society for Healthcare Engineering and the Sierra Business Council on how to conduct energy treasure hunts.
- Launching the GREEN Ambassador employee engagement program which uses ENERGY STAR as a key tenet to promote sustainability.
- Achieving ENERGY STAR certification at its new state-of-the-art Princeton Pike office building and recertifying two other office buildings.
The highest honor among ENERGY STAR Awards is the ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence Award. EPA presents the Sustained Excellence Award to partners that have already received ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for a minimum of two consecutive years and have gone above and beyond the criteria needed to qualify for recognition.
About Bristol-Myers Squibb
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. For more information about Bristol-Myers Squibb, visit us at BMS.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.