CBSR EVENT: Sustainable Consumption - The Rise of the Aspirational Consumer
May 22, 12:45 PM - 6:30 PM EST, (In-Person) - Register
Metro Toronto Convention Centre, Room 501, Toronto
May 22, 1:00 PM - 2:15 PM (Webinar only) - Register
May 8, 2013 /3BL Media/ - There is a group of social status conscious consumers who love to shop, who are seeking brands that not only improve their own lives but are creating a more sustainable economy that benefits us all. These consumers are buying less, and buying better. They feel a sense of responsibility to make purchases that are good for the environment and society. They want to be part of the solution - and want to share their ideas, opinions and experiences with companies to help them develop better products and create new solutions. They are influencers – continuously sharing information with their friends and family. They represent hundreds of millions of consumers globally.
How do we bring this consumer’s voice into the sustainability conversation and help them be part of the solution as companies work to accelerate and grow a more sustainable economy? And how do companies create solutions that resonate with the attitudes and behaviours of this consumer group?
Join CBSR on May 22, as GlobeScan, SustainAbility, and BBMG present their recent study “Re-Thinking Consumption” to learn how “Aspirational” consumers are balancing social and environmental values with material desires to shape the future of sustainability. Hear from corporate leaders who are successfully innovating solutions that resonate with this consumer group. And join intimate Ideation workshops, where you’ll have an opportunity to articulate your challenges and successes as we move forward to engage this seemingly elusive and vital stakeholder.
Who Should Attend:
Decision makers and practitioners looking to understand consumer trends, latest research on consumer attitudes and behaviours towards sustainability, and who want to be part of those developing solutions and collaborating with peers.
What you will learn:
- Attributes of the “Aspirational” consumer and the opportunities to engage them
- Current barriers to sustainable consumption
- How to successfully build trust and educate consumers
- Hear from brands that have successfully engaged the "Aspirationals" in their products/services and how they did it (in-person event only)
- Take part in intimate Ideation workshops and collaborate with peers (in-person event only)
- Business model innovation and how can companies successfully incorporate models like "shared economy" "Do-It-Yourself" into existing models of delivering goods and services (in-person event only)
- The cultural values that help us move to a more sustainable society (in-person event only)
Speakers - Regeneration Consumer Study Overview:
- Chris Coulter, CEO, GlobeScan
- Raphael Bemporad, Founding Partner, Chief Strategy Officer, BBMG
- Lorraine Smith, Director, SustainAbility
Speakers - Brands successful in engaging “Aspirationals”:
- Christian Demers, General Manager, Zipcar
- Kelly Drennan, Founding Executive Director, Fashion Takes Action
- Robert Fox, Executive Director, Oxfam Canada
- Stephanie Kohls, Director of Communications, Environmental Defence
- Carl Blanchet, Corporate Director of Business Development, Cascades Inc.
- Laurie Simmonds, President & CEO, Green Living Enterprises (Moderator)