CR Magazine Presents 2018 Responsible CEO Awards at 3BL Forum: Brands Taking Stands--The Long View
WASHINGTON, D.C., October 25, 2018 /3BL Media/ – 3BL Media, the world’s leading communications partner for purpose-driven organizations, announced the winners of CR Magazine’s Responsible CEO of the Year, Humanitarian, and Lifetime Achievement Awards. The awards are given to corporate leaders who have demonstrated – personally and through their organizations – a bold commitment to social responsibility and sustainability.
The awards were presented at the 3BL Forum, the leading event for corporations with a positive social mission, Oct 23-25 at MGM National Harbor in Washington, D.C. CR Magazine is published by 3BL Media.
The winners of the 2018 Responsible CEO of the Year, Humanitarian and Lifetime Achievement Awards are:
- Daniel Amos, chairman and CEO at Aflac – winner of the Lifetime Achievement Award
- Tim Ryan, U.S. Chairman and Senior Partner at PwC – winner of Responsible CEO of the Year: Brands Taking Stands™ Leadership
- Steve Rendle, president and CEO at VF Corporation – winner of Responsible CEO of the Year: Public Company
- John Snyder, president and CEO at BCD Travel – winner of Responsible CEO of the Year: Private Company
- Mariano Lozano, president and CEO at Danone North America – winner of Responsible CEO of the Year: Public Benefit Corporation
- José Andrés, Chef/Owner, ThinkFoodGroup and minibar by José Andrés, and Founder, World Central Kitchen – winner of Brands Taking Stands™ Humanitarian of the Year
The Responsible CEO of the Year awards are presented to CEOs who have taken professional and personal risks to deliver on their corporate responsibility goals. The Corporate Responsibility Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes an individual who has been a pioneer in the corporate responsibility field over the course of their career and who has inspired others to make social impact a priority. The Brands Taking Stands™ Humanitarian Award honors the CEO or leader who has personally led an outstanding effort to help people in need. This year, it was awarded to Chef José Andrés for his indefatigable work feeding those affected by natural disasters in Puerto Rico, California, Texas, and North Carolina.
The winners of this year’s awards have engaged with causes ranging from ending human trafficking and starting conversations about diversity in the workplace, to helping young patients through the emotional trauma of childhood cancer.
For a full list of panels and speakers, visit 3BLforum.com
About 3BL Media
3BL Forum is an annual gathering of corporate responsibility and sustainability practitioners with emphasis on networking, case studies, new research and compelling presentations from companies committed to making progress against an ambitious ESG agenda.
The event is produced by 3BL Media, the world’s leading communications partner for purpose-driven organizations. Through content distribution, multimedia promotion and hands-on learning experiences, we connect organizations to an unrivaled audience that is passionate about sustainable business.
We know your stories, perspectives and experiences only matter if they’re heard, shared and acted on by the right people. We cut straight through the clutter so you always break through to the audiences who matter most.
Dave Armon, CMO
+1 (802) 444-0177