Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Named to Dow Jones Sustainability Index World
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles has once again been included in the prestigious Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) World. The Company received a score of 87/100 compared with an overall average of 54/100 for companies in the Automobiles industry evaluated by RobecoSAM, the specialist in sustainability investment. This result places FCA’s economic, environmental and social performance among the world’s leading companies and reflects the Company’s efforts to participate in the transition to a circular economy.
Membership in the DJSI World Index is limited to organizations judged best-in-class when compared to the majority of their peers based on selected sustainability criteria. RobecoSAM invited 36 Automobiles sector companies and ultimately admitted only 4 to the DJSI World Index.
The Group achieved the highest score in its industry sector for climate strategy and environmental reporting, brand management, supply chain management and overall in the social dimension, that includes aspects such as talent attraction and retention and human capital development.
FCA continued to make considerable progress in 2015 and 2016, demonstrating its capabilities as a global automaker that strives to achieve success responsibly:
- Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid, the industry’s first electrified minivan, unveiled in January 2016
- Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel named 2015 Green SUV of the Year by Green Car Journal
- Leadership in Europe for natural gas vehicles, with a market share of about 50%
- Further growth in R&D with €4.1 billion invested in 2015
- Announced collaboration on Autonomous Driving Project with Google
- Uconnect® received the Infotainment of the Year award from Digital Trends
- ENJOY car-sharing, launched in 2013 by ENI in partnership with FCA, registered more than 420,000 subscribers and five million rentals in Italy since launch
- Recognition of advanced safety technologies and performance for several FCA models, including the U.S. NCAP 5 stars for the Dodge Challenger and Top Safety Pick+ for the Fiat 500X and Chrysler 200 and, recently, the EURO NCAP 5 stars for the Alfa Romeo Giulia
- Low carbon logistics fleet implemented in North America with 179 new Compressed Natural Gas trucks
- Support of climate-specific commitments through UN Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP21)
- Verrone (Italy) plant won the prestigious Automotive Lean Production Award 2015
- Melfi (Italy) Assembly Plant won the prestigious Special Award Original Equipment Manufacturing: SMART Digital Operations 2016
- More than 4,300 new environmental projects implemented at FCA plants worldwide, leading to about €65 million in savings
- Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles Gold Award received in the U.S.
Additionally, the Group continued to reduce the environmental footprint of its worldwide manufacturing plants, resulting in a 23.4% decrease in CO2 emissions per vehicle produced compared with 2010, and savings of 2.3 billion m3 of water.
Resources committed by the Group to benefit local communities amounted to more than €22 million, of which 53% to support education, culture and art.
FCA was also named to the Climate “A” List in the CDP Climate Change Program 2015 and achieved a transparency score of 98/100. Only 5% of the corporations participating in this CDP program are named to the A List. FCA is a member of numerous other leading indices including: STOXX Global ESG Leaders, STOXX Global ESG Environmental Leaders, STOXX Global ESG Social Leaders, STOXX Global ESG Governance Leaders, ECPI Euro Ethical Equity, ECPI EMU Ethical Equity and ECPI Global Developed ESG Best in Class Equity, Parks GLBT Diversity Index.
Stay connected with FCA and its sustainability commitments and progress.
Visit our corporate website and download the FCA Sustainability App from the Apple and Google Play stores.
Additional information and news from Chrysler Group LLC is available at: http://www.media.chrysler.