Fox Station Group Extends STEM-Themed ‘Xploration Station’ TV Block through 2020
PHILADELPHIA, January 17, 2017 /3BL Media/ – Xploration Station, a weekend morning block of live-action, educational and informational TV shows primarily airing on FOX TV stations around the country, has been extended by the Fox Station Group through 2020. The announcement was made today by Steve Rotfeld, president of Steve Rotfeld Productions (SRP), who produces and distributes Xploration Station.
Aimed towards kids 13-16, the entire block focuses on the “STEM fields” (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics). The critically acclaimed block has received five Emmy nominations, and is seen in 95% of U.S. homes, plus HULU, Amazon Prime, Yahoo View, and Roku. The six current series are:
- Xploration Awesome Planet – Hosted by Emmy nominated Philippe Cousteau, Jr., grandson of the legendary Jacques Cousteau, this riveting earth science series explores the most spectacular places on the earth, inside the earth and above the earth.
- Xploration Earth 2050 – This series, which has earned three Daytime Emmy Award nominations over the past two years, features emerging technologies and predicts what the world will be like in 2050. It is hosted by inventor/artist/ futurist Charles “Chuck” Pell.
- Xploration Outer Space – Hosted by MIT graduate, Emily Calandrelli, this series focuses on various aspects of space exploration, such as life beyond earth, the prospects of a manned mission to Mars and the emerging space tourism industry. In 2016, it won the Cynopsis Kids Imagination Award for Best STEM series.
- Weird But True – Hosted by siblings and science lovers Charlie and Kirby Engelman, Weird But True is an extension of Nat Geo Kids’ “Weird But True” franchise.
- Xploration DIY Sci – This interactive, do-it-yourself, pop-science series follows television personality, author, science teacher and show host Steve Spangler as he uses everyday items to turn the world into a fun and unexpected laboratory.
- Xploration Nature Knows Best – Hosted by multi-talented marine biologist Danni Washington, Nature Knows Best chronicles how experts are drawing inspiration from both plants and animals to create incredible advancements - from airplanes to eco-friendly buildings to robots.
ABOUT STEVE ROTFELD PRODUCTIONS
Steve Rotfeld Productions (SRP) is an Emmy Award winning television production and broadcast syndication company. Since its inception in 1985, its programs have appeared in national broadcast syndication, on TLC, ESPN, ESPN Classic, Animal Planet, Travel Channel, History Channel, FOX and other outlets around the world. Steve Rotfeld formed SRP after six years of working for his father’s TV production company, Greatest Sports Legends, Inc., where he won a National Sports Emmy Award for Writing on the series’ Jackie Robinson 740 Haverford Road, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010 Phone: 610-520-0671 Fax: 610-520-0681 www.rotfeldproductions.com documentary. In 2014, SRP launched Xploration Station, an innovative new take on E/I programming. Xploration Station is the first and only broadcast destination dedicated exclusively to STEM-based programming for tweens, teens and their families. In its first two years on the air, Xploration Station received a total of five Daytime Emmy nominations. In addition to Xploration Station, SRP and its sister companies have produced shows including The Haney Project and Donald Trump’s Fabulous World of Golf for Golf Channel, Wild Weddings for TLC, Wild About Animals, Awesome Adventures, Whaddyado, The Lighter Side of Sports for ESPN, and Greatest Sports Legends.
For media questions or requests to interview the show hosts, please send an email to Stephanie Wolf at Stephanie@rotfeldproductions. Other questions should be directed to Steve Rotfeld at Steve@rotfeldproductions.com.