Green Builder Media’s Sustainability Symposium 2017: Ready for Anything Draws Today’s Most Forward-Thinking Sustainability Activists and Elected Officials
LAKE CITY, Colo., December 8, 2016 /3BL Media/ — Green Builder Media’s Sustainability Symposium 2017: Ready for Anything on January 9, 2017 at the Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts in downtown Orlando is answering the timely and highly demanded call for authentic leadership at an otherwise uncertain moment for the sustainability sector.
Given the results of the election, many sustainability advocates, business leaders, elected officials, policy makers, and building professionals from both sides of the aisle are questioning how progress will continue to be made in areas such as sustainable development, green building, energy efficiency, and renewable energy.
Many of these stake holders have come to realize that the transition to a sustainable economy will be driven by passionate individuals, pioneering businesses, and committed elected officials at a local, community and city level.
With the goal of providing a venue for coalition building, idea sharing, and problem solving, Green Builder Media, Mayor Dyer (D-Orlando) and the City of Orlando are organizing the Sustainability Symposium 2017: Ready for Anything, a pioneering event that will bring together some of the nation’s top influencers to identify the threats posed by a changing climate, challenge conventional development and economic models, and explore intelligent solutions for a resilient future.
Internationally acclaimed sustainability advocates and elected officials will lead interactive discussions at the event, including:
- Governor Martin O’Malley (D-MD), a passionate and articulate sustainability advocate who took the initial lead on the climate change conversation in the presidential elections
- Philippe Cousteau, a fervent sustainability advocate dedicated to empowering people to recognize their ability to change the world
- Leilani Münter, the only carbon-neutral NASCAR driver, successfully teaching a tough crowd about climate change
- Mayor Dyer (D-Orlando, FL), an influential leader implementing a broad-based, progressive sustainability program in his city that includes green building, renewable energy, smart technology, resource conservation, and more
- Mayor Stoddard (D-South Miami, FL), poised on the front lines of climate change and implementing smart, resilient solutions to deal with rising sea levels
- Mayor Brainard (R-Carmel, IN), deploying innovative sustainability strategies in his city and encouraging his fellow Republican elected officials to embrace climate action
- Carlton Hall, a Senior NASA Scientist exploring breakthrough technologies to enhance the resiliency and sustainability of our built environment
Sustainability Symposium sponsors include leading companies like Emerson, Uponor, Carrier Ingersoll Rand, DuPont, VHB, and OUC that are creating innovative solutions in areas like Internet of Things, renewable energy, resiliency, smart cities, efficient buildings, and intelligent water.
“If you’re comfortable sitting back and letting others make decisions about how and where we should build, what kind of energy we should use, what we drive, and what kind of connected technology should be incorporated into our homes, this event probably isn’t for you,” says Green Builder Media CEO Sara Gutterman. “But if you want to jump into the world of creative transformation as a man whose hair is on fire seeks a pond, then we invite you to join us for a day of exploration, imagination, and optimism. If this invitation calls to the parts of you that are hungry for change, then I encourage you to show up with an open mind and a boundless imagination.”
For more information about the Sustainability Symposium 2017: Ready for Anything, visit http://www.greenbuildermedia.com/ready-for-anything-2017 or contact Sara Gutterman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Green Builder Media
Green Builder® Media, LLC is the nation’s leading media company focused on green building and sustainable living, affecting positive change by providing inspirational information to over 200,000 progressive building professionals and 38 million influential consumers. With a comprehensive suite of content marketing, digital, social, and print media options, high-profile demonstration projects, market research, and live events, Green Builder Media offers a blend of visionary and practical information covering a broad spectrum of sustainable living topics, including Internet of Things, smart home technologies, energy efficiency, water conservation, indoor air quality, resilient housing, renewables and clean transportation. For more information, visit www.greenbuildermedia.com.