Grupo Financiero Banorte Recognized as a Leader in Sustainability
- Is the first company in Latin America to be awarded the Carbon Performance Leadership Index.
- The international organization Carbon Disclosure Project stands Banorte policies to lessen the environmental impact.
- "To promote economic development, promote social welfare and contribute to environmental protection" Mayra Hernandez, Executive Director of Social Responsibility for Grupo Financiero Banorte.
November 5, 2015 /3BL Media/ - Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) recognized worldwide efforts of Grupo Financiero Banorte (GFNorte) to lessen the impact of climate change by selecting it to join the Carbon Performance Leadership Index, after obtaining a rating of 100 A. thus becoming the first institution in Latin America belong to the category "A", the highest position in this index.
Enter the category "A" means that GFNorte is a leader in sustainability, as part of a select group of companies identified worldwide. The list was published in the CDP S & P 500 Climate Change Report 2015 report.
GFNorte has been evaluated for four years by the CDP methodology, positioning for 3 consecutive among companies with more transparency in the Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index (CDLI) and in 2013 and 2014, in category B of the Carbon Performance Leadership Index (CPLI). This 2015 GFNorte broke that record, to enter Category A performance CPLI
CDP is an international nonprofit organization that works with investors to encourage companies to disseminate information on emissions of greenhouse gases, energy use and carbon risks associated with its business activities and to measure and reduce the impact of their actions on the environment.
The agency is also responsible for thoroughly analyzing both the work of those companies that have implemented initiatives to mitigate climate change, as their level of transparency in this task. The analysis is performed using the two indices previously cited:
- Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index (CDLI): In which a score from 0 to 100 on transparency in the area is given.
- Carbon Performance Leadership Index (CPLI): The degree of performance of the companies are considered for classification in categories A through E.
"Entering the pinnacle of CDP is another important indicator of the work done within Banorte where, on par to promote economic development, promote social welfare and contribute to environmental stewardship to mitigate environmental impacts of our operations can generate, "said Mayra Hernandez, Executive Director of Social Responsibility for Grupo Financiero Banorte, referring to this new achievement of the institution.
Receiving this award is a great honor for GFNorte and supports the commitment to conduct their operations to mitigate and adapt to climate change and its effort to remain a leader in sustainability.
To check the report, click here