LA Kings to Host Annual Hockey Fights Cancer™ Night at STAPLES Center on Oct. 18
LOS ANGELES, Oct. 17, 2017 /3BL Media/ – AEG’s Los Angeles Kings’ annual Hockey Fights Cancer™ Night, presented by Amgen’s Breakaway from Cancer®, will take place Wednesday, October 18, 2017 at STAPLES Center as the Kings host the Montreal Canadiens beginning at 7:30 p.m.
Ontario Reign players and staff will be present for this organization-wide showing of support for the league-wide initiative.
Hockey Fights Cancer™ was founded by the NHL and NHL Players’ Association in 1998 to raise funds and awareness for all those impacted by cancer. Below are details of all fundraising and awareness activities surrounding this special awareness night, presented by Amgen’s Breakaway from Cancer, an initiative to raise awareness about important resources available to those impacted by cancer.
- Fans can bid on lavender warm-up worn jerseys and sticks, benefiting Amgen’s Breakaway from Cancer, exclusively available through the Kings game-night mobile auction. To view the auction, which goes live on the day of the game, visit lakings.com/auction or text the keyword KINGS to 52182.
- 50/50 Raffle Tickets proceeds will benefit Amgen’s Breakaway from Cancer.
- The Kings will donate $500 to Amgen’s Breakaway from Cancer for each goal scored at home during the month of October. To date, the Kings have donated $6,000.
- Team LA will sell #kingsfcancer branded merchandise to benefit Amgen’s Breakaway from Cancer.
- Fans will be encouraged to fill in the name of a loved one and hold up your placard during Amgen’s Breakaway from Cancer placard moment. Placards will be at seats as fans arrive.
- LA Kings and Ontario Reign branded car flags will be distributed to all fans on the way in the game.
- Learn more about Kings partners doing great work in cancer research and patient care by visiting the Be The Match and Redondo Beach Police Foundation booths on the main concourse.
- Ontario Reign Players will sign autographs on the main concourse during intermissions.
- The Kings will recognize Karly Coyle, Amgen employee and LA Kings fan, who was diagnosed with cancer in August 2016 as the Amgen Breakaway from Cancer Champion.
- The Kings will welcome back special guest 11-year-old Cooper Perdiago. Cooper is in remission and returns to STAPLES Center for the third year in a row after performing the ceremonial puck drop during the LA Kings 2015-16 and 2016-17 Hockey Fights Cancer games.
Tomorrow night’s game, which concludes a four-game homestand at STAPLES Center, will be broadcast on NBCSN and KABC Radio 790. For Kings ticket information call 1-888-KINGS-LA and visit LAKings.com.