LG Celebrates ‘ENERGY STAR Day’ with Laundry Upgrades for Local Non-Profits
CLARKSVILLE, Tenn., October 22, 2018 /3BL Media/ – Commemorating “ENERGY STAR® Day” 2018, LG Electronics USA partnered with the United Way of the Greater Clarksville Region to help local organizations save today, save tomorrow, and save for good with LG’s ENERGY STAR certified clothes washers and dryers.
According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the typical American household spends about $2,000 a year on energy bills, but by choosing ENERGY STAR, consumers can save 30 percent or about $575 in household energy costs. The theme of the EPA’s ENERGY STAR Day (tomorrow, Oct. 23), is “Save today. Save tomorrow. Save for good. Look for the ENERGY STAR label.”
Ginna Holleman, CEO of United Way of the Greater Clarksville Region, thanked LG and the EPA for bringing energy efficiency to those in need in the Clarksville-Montgomery County community. “And ENERGY STAR Day is especially timely for us in Middle Tennessee this year as LG prepares to begin production of ENERGY STAR certified washing machines at its new Clarksville factory this fall,” she said.
To help local non-profit organizations save energy and to recognize the great work they do in the community, LG has provided ENERGY STAR certified washers and dryers to:
- Bethesda Community Mission, which provides much-needed food and shelter assistance to those in need;
- Cats R Us, the local nonprofit operated completely by volunteers that provides feline rescue, shelter and adoption;
- Hope Pregnancy Center, a family help center that includes a thrift closet of donated maternity and baby clothes and supplies;
- Humane Society of Clarksville-Montgomery County, which reduces animal overpopulation and euthanasia by offering spay-neuter services to all pet owners;
- Manna Cafe Ministries, which serves people in need through a mobile soup kitchen, food distribution, and other vital resources such as clothing and job skill training;
- Mid-Cumberland Human Resource Agency, which provides essential services to the most vulnerable: seniors, disabled, and those at risk of abuse, neglect or exploitation;
- Operation Stand Down TN, which seeks to prevent homelessness among U.S. military veterans by offering employment assistance, benefits assistance, networking and housing;
- Precious Friends, a no-kill shelter that helps Clarksville and the surrounding area free of stray and unwanted puppies;
- Progressive Directions, which provides innovative programs and transformative services to those with intellectual or development disabilities; and
- Roxy Regional Theatre, the live professional theatre group that provides educational outreach to students in the community.
Also receiving LG ENERGY STAR certified laundry appliances were Montgomery Central High School and Northeast High School, as well as Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville. In addition, LG provided more than a dozen LG ENERGY STAR certified TVs to the Clarksville-Montgomery County Education Foundation.
Later this year, the LG Tennessee factory will begin producing front- and top-load ENERGY STAR certified washing machines. The new plant is expected to bring 600 full-time jobs to Clarksville.
LG’s support of ENERGY STAR Day, in cooperation with the local United Way and non-profits, “is consistent with our commitment to environmental sustainability and to the community,” said John I. Taylor, LG Electronics USA’s senior vice president, public affairs and corporate social responsibility. “This ENERGY STAR Day and every day, LG and ENERGY STAR help you save for good – for all the good things you want in your life and for a healthier planet for you and your family.”
About LG Electronics USA
LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $55 billion global innovator in technology and manufacturing. In the United States, LG sells a wide range of innovative home appliances, home entertainment products, mobile phones, commercial displays, air conditioning systems, solar energy solutions and vehicle components. LG’s focus on environmental sustainability and its “Life’s Good” marketing theme encompass how LG is dedicated to people’s happiness by exceeding expectations today and tomorrow. LG is a 2018 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year-Sustained Excellence. www.LG.com.