LG Electronics Expands French-Door Energy Star® Certified Refrigerator Portfolio with Three New ‘Door-in-DoorTM’ Models
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J., Oct. 29, 2013 /3BL Media/ – LG Electronics, a long-time leader in French-door refrigerator technology, has expanded its popular “Door-in-DoorTM” refrigerator line in the United States to include three new styles: a mega-capacity model, a 4-door model with double freezer drawers and a model with dual ice makers for enhanced convenience. These new ENERGY STAR certified refrigerators are all designed to bring consumers a new level of convenience.
LG’s innovative door-in-door design, first launched on its flagship French-Door refrigerator, consists of a compartment within one of the refrigerator doors allowing easier access to everyday foods. This magnetically sealed section of the right refrigerator door allows users access to the door bin without opening the entire refrigerator. Simply push a button on the door handle to release the magnetic seal.
This exterior compartment provides quick, easy access to the most commonly needed items in the refrigerator such as canned or bottled drinks, salad dressings and condiments. It’s not only convenient but also energy efficient. Because of the door-in-door feature, less cool air escapes when the easy-access compartment is opened, keeping cold air in the rest of the fresh food compartment where it matters most.
“Since its introduction, the door-in-door design has become incredibly popular among busy families from coast to coast,” said David VanderWaal, director of home appliance brand marketing, LG Electronics USA. “We understand that every household is different, and what works for one family may not for another. Expanding the lineup means more families have access to this innovative convenience feature, whether their main need is more space, additional freezer organization or a larger ice supply. With LG, it’s all possible.”
In addition to the popular Door-in-Door design, all three new ENERGY STAR certified models include a host of advanced LG technologies and convenience and energy efficiency features, including:
- Smart Cooling Plus System with Linear Compressor: LG’s Smart Cooling Plus System is designed to maintain superior conditions within the refrigerator. The Linear Compressor, which is at the heart of this system, is designed to help keep food fresh to minimize waste.
- The Linear Compressor reacts quickly to temperature fluctuations and helps keep your food fresher, longer. Meanwhile, strategically-placed vents in every section help to surround food with cool air no matter where it is stored.
- As a result, these models use 20 percent less energy than required by federal standards making them ENERGY STAR certified. LG confidently backs its Linear Compressor with a 10-year manufacturer’s limited warranty.
- Smart Diagnosis: Helps the service center diagnose problems over the phone, helping consumers troubleshoot quickly*. Through Wi-Fi connection, NFC tagging and audible diagnosis alerts, the consumer is quickly made aware of most minor issues related to the appliances which helps to limit costly, inconvenient service calls and in-home visits.
- Stylish Design: Contoured doors, hidden hinges, and a variety of great interior features give these LG refrigerators a look that's as sophisticated as it is functional. And the beauty isn't just on the outside - interior LED lighting along the sides and ceiling provide added style and sophistication, making these a welcome addition to today’s modern kitchen.
Mega-Capacity French-Door Refrigerator with Door-in-Door
This new 32-cubic-foot ENERGY STAR certified refrigerator, Model LFX32945ST provides plenty of room for the biggest shopping expeditions, with room to spare. The Mega-Capacity French-Door Refrigerator delivers increased storage and organization and still fits into a standard 36-inch width kitchen opening. Stocking up on groceries is a snap to keep organized with the 3-Tier Organization™ Freezer system that can keep food organized and easily available. Consumers will also enjoy the versatile 4-Compartment Crisper System that provides easy access and more ways to organize fruits, vegetables and beverages.
Super-Capacity 4 Door French-Door Refrigerator with Door-in-Door
Taking it one-step further is ENERGY STAR certified Model LMX30995ST, LG’s Super-Capacity 4-Door Refrigerator with two freezer drawers. The double freezer drawers offer the ultimate in organization. Consumers can forget frozen-food avalanches because there’s a place for everything – from popsicles to a family-size turkey. The top freezer drawer can be utilized for commonly used items, while the bottom freezer drawer is a good option for larger items or longer term storage. Even with a lower bottom drawer, the Smart Pull™ Handle makes opening and closing the freezer quick and easy. All it takes is a simple lift of the handle for effortless access to either freezer compartment.
Ultra-Capacity Door-in-Door French-Door Refrigerator with Dual Ice Makers
Featuring dual ice makers, ENERGY STAR certified Model LFX29945ST makes it easy to stay stocked with ice, making this perfect for big families or those who do a great deal of entertaining. The dual ice makers, dispensed from the door and located in the freezer compartment, allow a virtually endless supply of ice for the next holiday party or backyard get-together. To maximize internal storage space, LG’s Slim SpacePlus™ Ice System has been built into the door and allows even more storage space in the door bins.
All three new ENERGY STAR certified refrigerator models will be available at retail in the fourth quarter 2013.
About LG Electronics USA
LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a $45 billion global force and technology leader in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications. LG Electronics, a proud 2013 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year, sells a range of stylish and innovative home entertainment products, mobile phones, home appliances, commercial displays, air conditioning systems and solar energy solutions in the United States, all under LG’s “Life's Good” marketing theme. www.lg.com
LG Electronics USA
*Smart Diagnosis is designed to supplement existing methods of problem identification and may not be able to troubleshoot all issues.