Medtronic Releases 2015 Integrated Performance Report
DUBLIN, November 5, 2015 /3BL Media/ – Medtronic plc (NYSE:MDT) announces the release of its 2015 Integrated Performance Report, “Further, Together”, which provides a compelling, comprehensive view of how Medtronic creates value over time through management of its financial resources, social investments, and environmental impacts. The report highlights the company’s commitment to increase global access to care, promote patient and employee safety, maintain financial strength, invest in communities, and care for the environment.
Fiscal Year 2015 highlights include:
- The successful acquisition of Covidien in January 2015, which increases the number of patients who benefit from Medtronic therapies to two per second.
- A $1.64 billion investment in R&D — including investments to explore new ways of addressing health problems in emerging markets such as China and India.
- Investments of more than $47.6 million in employee training and development programs.
- Investments exceeding $108 million to build greater healthcare capacity and access through the training of 50,000+ medical professionals around the world.
- Investing nearly $90 million in communities through philanthropic contributions.
- Making significant progress toward our 2020 environmental performance goals by cutting carbon dioxide emissions and water use by 7 percent and non-regulated waste by 5 percent.
The report is available for download at http://www.medtronic.com/corporate-citizenship/sustainability/index.htm. The company’s second integrated report features a unique Integration Index (found on page 75), which links readers to content that highlights the most important ways Medtronic’s business success is tied to its social, environmental, and ethical performance. Comments and feedback to the report are welcomed at: email@example.com.
Medtronic plc (www.medtronic.com), headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, is among the world’s largest medical technology, services and solutions companies – alleviating pain, restoring health and extending life for millions of people around the world. Medtronic employs more than 85,000 people worldwide, serving physicians, hospitals and patients in approximately 160 countries. The company is focused on collaborating with stakeholders around the world to take healthcare Further, Together.
Any forward-looking statements in this release or the 2015 Integrated Performance Report are subject to risks and uncertainties such as those described in Medtronic's periodic reports on file with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results.