Power Up Consumer Choice: Introducing New Line of USB Chargers Made with Post-consumer Plastics
(3BL Media) August 30, 2012 - AT&T* customers now have the option to purchase wall and car chargers with housings made from at least 30 percent post-consumer recycled plastic. AT&T continues to work with its suppliers to provide consumers sustainable products.
Over the last year, AT&T took major strides in the field of sustainability, from introducing accessory packaging made from up to 30 percent plant-based materials, to creating a consumer-focused sustainability website — EcoSpace — to launching a trade-in device recycling program to creating an eco-rating system for all new AT&T-branded postpaid handset devices.
The new wall chargers are made with at least 30 percent post-consumer recycled plastics and use minimal power when plugged in for optimal energy conservation. The chargers are Energy Star 5 rated and exceed California’s Energy Commission 2013 efficiency standards with a focus on reducing “Vampire Draw” while not in use. If a customer were to leave the wall charger plugged in for a year without use, it would consume only the equivalent of a 100-watt light bulb left on for a day.
Understanding that most consumers want the best products with the least environmental impact, AT&T ensured that these chargers are more powerful than their predecessors. With increased amperage allowing for 10-watts per port, customers can rest assured that their device, whether a phone or tablet, will charge at full rate when it is plugged in to one of the USB ports. The wall charger is also capable of international use.
Wall Power Charger Key Facts:
- Single and dual USB models available
- Two USB ports for rapid charging smart phones, tablets, mp3 players, and other mobile devices
- Universal USB ports works with virtually any mobile device and cable
- Plastic housing made with at least 30 percent post-consumer recycled plastic
- Energy saving technology only consumes <0.3W when not in use
- Meets the latest efficiency requirements proposed by the California Energy Commission, to go into effect in 2013
- Elegant, soft-touch design looks great in any setting
- Single USB model is compact, travels well, and won’t crowd outlets or power strips
Vehicle Power Charger Key Facts:
- More power with 5V 2amp
- Housing is made of approximately 30 percent post-consumer recycled plastic
Housing is made of durable and flame retardant materials
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.