May 29, 2013 /3BL Media/ - Registration is now open for Renewable Energy Markets 2013, taking place in Austin, TX from September 22–24. Reserve your place now and take advantage of over 25% savings off the regular conference rate. This year's conference will be bigger and better than ever before, with 25 sessions covering every aspect of the renewable energy and carbon markets. Topics include:
• State of the Markets: An inside look at the state of voluntary renewable energy markets and state renewable portfolio standards.
• Green Buildings and Renewable Energy: Updates to leading green building standards and market growth opportunities.
• Behavior, Environmental Decisionmaking, and Communicating Climate Change: Consumer perceptions of renewable energy and climate change.
• Marketing Utility Programs and Electricity Products: What works? Best practices for marketing the range of products.
• Designing Utility Programs: Considerations and comparisons between program designs.
• Purchasers Make the Business Case for Green Power: Why renewable energy makes sense for businesses.
• Markets and Trading: Regional market spotlights, voluntary and compliance Markets.
• PLUS Pre-Conference Workshops: Voluntary Renewable Energy Markets 101 and Carbon Offsets 101.
• And many more!
Call for Abstracts
We are pleased to announce this year's Call for Abstracts is now open. If you are interested in submitting a proposal for a panel or an individual presentation, please review the Call for Abstracts page
for guidelines. We're looking for dynamic, engaging speakers with a compelling story to tell. In order to maximize useful information and informed exchange, we'd like presentations to be 10 to 12 minutes, featuring new data or ideas, considered exposition of important issues, and perhaps most importantly, insights into where renewable energy markets are headed. Abstracts are due no later than Monday, July 1, 2013 at 5:00 pm PT. For a full list of topics, please visit the Agenda
Welcome NextEra Energy Resources! We would like to welcome NextEra Energy Resources as this year's Presenting Sponsor, for the second year in a row. NextEra is the largest generator of wind and solar power in North America, with headquarters in Juno Beach, FL. Renewable Energy Markets can only happen with the help of generous sponsors like NextEra, and we look forward to working with them on REM 2013.
Announcing Keynote Speaker Jon Wellinghoff. We are pleased to announce that Jon Wellinghoff, Chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), will be our keynote speaker on Monday, September 23, 2013. First appointed as a Commissioner to FERC in 2006, Chairman Wellinghoff is an energy law attorney with 37 years experience in regulatory, consumer and commercial law. Since being appointed Chairman, he created FERC's Office of Energy Policy and Innovation, which is responsible for investigating and promoting new energy-efficiency technologies and practices.
About Renewable Energy Markets 2013
For nearly 20 years, the annual Renewable Energy Markets (REM) conference has been the leading forum for the clean energy and carbon marketplace. Attracting participants from around the globe who share an interest in and commitment to promoting clean energy, REM remains the only conference of its kind focusing on national and international markets for renewable energy. Organized by the nonprofit Center for Resource Solutions and co-sponsored by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, this annual meeting of clean energy and carbon-market stakeholders, including generators, marketers, utility representatives, purchasers, policymakers, and regional stakeholders, sets the agenda for the year to come. This year's conference will be held in Austin, TX from September 22–24, 2013.