ReportAlert.info - Verizon (NYSE:VZ) Publishes 2013 Annual Report with Corporate Responsibility Performance
March 20, 2014 /3BL Media/ - Verizon: The World’s Biggest Challenges Deserve Even Bigger Solutions
Verizon’s 2013 Annual Report and Corporate Responsibility Supplement shows how the company’s mobile and Internet technologies are providing powerful answers to the big challenges of our day.
The company’s strategy has been to leverage the natural connection between its empowering technologies and society’s deepest needs:
- Demonstrate the value of its innovative products to improve education, healthcare and energy efficiency;
- Minimize its environmental impact and focus on fundamentally responsible business practices; and
- Set goals, track progress and report on performance.
In each part of this process, the company emphasizes transparency and a willingness to engage with stakeholders.
Highlights from Verizon’s 2013 report—its 10th overall— include:
- Education. A teacher training project that’s boosting students’ achievement scores in math and science; a competition for students that is igniting interest in STEM and bringing some remarkable apps to the marketplace; a $100 million investment plan to expand these initiatives.
- Healthcare. A health IT solution that’s saving doctors thousands of hours each year in administrative tasks; new mobile devices that let seniors monitor their own health and stay independent.
- Energy Management. A home energy trial launched to help consumers make smarter choices about their energy use; a $100 million investment Verizon is making in green energy; measuring how their solutions help their customers reduce their environmental footprints.
For more information or to send comments to the company, visit http://responsibility.verizon.com/.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ), headquartered in New York, is a global leader in delivering broadband and other wireless and wireline communications services to consumer, business, government and wholesale customers. A Dow 30 company with nearly $121 billion in 2013 revenues, Verizon employs a diverse workforce of 176,800. For more information, visit www.verizon.com.