ReportAlert.info - Verizon (NYSE:VZ) Publishes 2014 Annual Report and Corporate Responsibility Supplement
March 24, 2015 /3BL Media/ - Verizon (NYSE:VZ) publishes 2014 Annual Report and Corporate Responsibility Supplement.
Global Corporate Citizenship: The Heart of Verizon
The company’s strategy is to use its technology to make measurable, positive impacts, particularly for people in disadvantaged communities.
The report shows what Verizon is doing to:
- Use its innovative capabilities to improve education, healthcare and energy management.
- Minimize its environmental footprint.
- Set goals, track progress and report on performance, while committing to responsible business practices.
Highlights from the 2014 report include:
- Education: By supplying digital know-how and mobile devices to underserved schools, Verizon is seeing stronger student engagement, deeper interest in math and science — and, for the second straight year, improved academic achievement.
- Sustainability: Verizon’s smart solutions enabled their customers to better manage their buildings and fleets, run power grids and telecommute — reducing CO2 emissions by 13 to 17 million metric tons — enough to offset the emissions of three million cars.
- Healthcare: Verizon’s mobile technology is helping patients with heart disease, respiratory disease and diabetes better manage their chronic conditions so they can live longer, healthier lives.
For more information or to send comments to the company, visit their Corporate Responsibility website.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ), headquartered in New York, is a global leader in delivering broadband and other wireless and wireline communications services to consumer, business, government and wholesale customers. Verizon Wireless operates America’s most reliable wireless network, with more than 108 million retail connections nationwide. Verizon also provides converged communications, information and entertainment services over America’s most advanced fiber-optic network, and delivers integrated business solutions to customers worldwide. A Dow 30 company with more than $127 billion in 2014 revenues, Verizon employs a diverse workforce of 177,300. For more information, visit: www.verizon.com/news.