SC Johnson Supports Organizations Across Asia Pacific in the Fight Against COVID-19 with More Than $1 Million in Product and Financial Donations
RACINE, Wis., May 27, 2020 /3BL Media/ – As communities worldwide continue to be affected by the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, SC Johnson today announced a series of donations to organizations across Asia Pacific to assist in their efforts to support pressing public needs and those battling the virus on the front lines. As a global manufacturer of home cleaning and professional disinfectant products, hand sanitizers and other products, the company has stepped up to donate both products and cash to aid in relief efforts.
“Everyone in our SC Johnson family is committed to supporting those on the front lines of this pandemic and the most vulnerable in our communities,” said Fisk Johnson, Chairman and CEO of SC Johnson. “We are incredibly proud to support organizations across the globe that are providing immediate resources and help to those who need it, and we remain humbled by their efforts.”
Donations are being made to a range of organizations across Asia Pacific, which are supporting COVID-19 relief efforts. These include:
- As the epidemic began to take hold in January, donating 1 million yuan in cash and product to the Red Cross in China to aid in its response efforts.
- Partnering with Save the Children to help educate and enable children and families in China, India, Vietnam, Thailand and the Philippines to cope with the COVID-19 pandemic. This new partnership will focus on helping communities respond to this and future public health threats.
- Launching 2020 SC Johnson’s Youth Action for a Green Life in partnership with Shanghai Soong Ching Ling Foundation, in an effort to help children deal with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Providing hand sanitizer and soap products to nursery schools and community-focused organizations like the YMCA and NPO Florence in Japan.
- Donating all-purpose cleaner and bleach to World Vision and ABS-CBN Foundation Hospitals, together with cash donation in the Philippines.
- Working with humanitarian organization Mercy Malaysia to fund a project providing respiratory aids for intensive care units at hospitals in Malaysia.
- Donating to three hospital foundations in Thailand to support their efforts in treating people with COVID-19.
- Donating cleaning products to an Isolation Center in Vietnam where people stay during their quarantine period after returning from other countries.
- Supporting ACT (Aksi Cepat Tanggap), a charitable organization in Jakarta, Indonesia, by donating product for their disinfection efforts.
- Providing financial support to the National Relief Fund and PM CARES Fund in India for combat, containment and relief efforts against COVID-19.
- Funding over 400 nights of safety from domestic violence for women and children in Australia and New Zealand through the local Women’s Community Refuges.
- Supporting the Peter Doherty Institute in Australia for its trials to find an existing treatment for COVID-19 and to prevent deterioration of patients progressing to intensive care.
The donations across Asia Pacific are part of the company’s $15 million commitment to date to help mitigate the impact of the COVID-19 outbreak and to fight the spread of the virus around the world.
About SC Johnson
SC Johnson is a family company dedicated to innovative, high-quality products, excellence in the workplace and a long-term commitment to the environment and the communities in which it operates. Based in the USA, the company is one of the world's leading manufacturers of household cleaning products and products for home storage, air care, pest control and shoe care, as well as professional products. It markets such well-known brands as GLADE®, KIWI®, OFF!®, PLEDGE®, RAID®, SCRUBBING BUBBLES®, SHOUT®, WINDEX® and ZIPLOC® in the U.S. and beyond, with brands marketed outside the U.S. including AUTAN®, BAYGON®, BRISE®, KABIKILLER®, KLEAR®, MR MUSCLE® and RIDSECT®. The 134-year-old company, which generates $10 billion in sales, employs approximately 13,000 people globally and sells products in virtually every country around the world. www.scjohnson.com.